Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Lord Ripon, thank you

I am humbled buy your generosity. I can't thank you enough for these wonderful selections of fine tea. I shall brew a cup tomorrow and post my thoughts. This will be the first time brewing tea without using a "tea bag". I'm also looking forward to pairing the black tea with some ISOM and NC and seeing what happens. This is to me one of the best parts of this hobby; finding complimentary food and drinks that enhance the experience of each other. Thank you again for getting me started on this new journey. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Comments

• Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Rip is bombing people...the Mayans were right
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    I am simply happy to share my other hobby and passion with you besides cigar. Please remember that you can drink tea in two ways:

- Straight which can be bitter if you over brew them

- with little milk and a pinch of sugar(some people hate sugar)

Supreme breakfast and Golden blends are English style blends and they are full bodied tea so a little milk and sugar will compliment nicely. Please use 1 tsp per English cup and brew them 2-3 minutes depends on your taste buds. High grade tea requires spring water which means less minerals or soft water. It is a process so do not be disappointed if it turn out little bitter. You will make the perfect cuppa within couple brews.
    Here is a BBC link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk/3016342.stm

If you use milk and sugar, smoke a spicy Maduro or Habano. The Chocolate Mint tea will go well with a sweet-spicy Cameroon or Connecticut. Specially bitter Connecticut. The Chocolate-mint will compliment and balance it nicely. If you want to drink the tea straight then please brew it with less tea and less time to keep the body weak and avoid tannins.

All of these blends will go well with any meal. The Supreme breakfast blend has a nice fruity, chocolaty bitter taste- perfect breakfast blend with toasts, eggs, ham and jam. The Golden blend is more earthy, fruity, creamy texture. The Chocolate Mint is great when you come home after work and have a cup before your supper.

I grew up in English-oriental culture and drink various tea before and after meals. On top of that, I also enjoy afternoon tea with little snacks between launch and supper. In the weekend High tea with heavy finger foods. Tea is part of my daily life.

Tea is a powerful medicine prevents oral cancer. Since I am a smoker, tea also gives me additional protection though there is no guarantee LOL. Finally, please enjoy your tea just the way you like it. There is no perfect rules.

Have fun and enjoy the world of premium tea. Once you are accustomed with fine teas, there no way to drink tea bags just as cigar.
    stad:
    I am humbled buy your generosity. I can't thank you enough for these wonderful selections of fine tea. I shall brew a cup tomorrow and post my thoughts. This will be the first time brewing tea without using a "tea bag". I'm also looking forward to pairing the black tea with some ISOM and NC and seeing what happens. This is to me one of the best parts of this hobby; finding complimentary food and drinks that enhance the experience of each other. Thank you again for getting me started on this new journey. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options
    marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    First Class as usual Rip
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice and unique bomb there!!:-) :-) :-)
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice Rip, now Caleb has tea to go along with the pipe and smoking jacket..
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    marineatbn03:
    First Class as usual Rip
    +1 very nice bomb there!
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rip, you continually amaze me. Your generosity, care and total class.
    I think a lot of us feel honored to call you a good friend.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    This is way too cool. Well done Rip! I'll second the never going back to tea bags. I love loose leaf tea!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America