Home General Discussion
Options

Travel Humidors .... Need help

I am in the National Guard and in about a month I am leaving for 2 weeks for training. I am looking at taking some cigars with me since im not sure I will have any available to buy where I am going (the selection at military bases seems to be lacking). I am looking at getting either a 15 or 18 stick travel humi from Cigar Caddy. Has any one used them or does anyone have any other suggestion for me.

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    the 15 ct herf-a-dor that you can get here at cigar.com is great. ive seen pics of this thing sitting on a rock with the tire of a HMMV on top of it. protection: A+
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I have the xikar travel humi, love it!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i do too, but mine is a 5 stick case.(4 in reality because f how i humidify it.) If im going for more than a day or two the herf-a-dor is a 15 (14) stick case
  • Options
    0 That Guy 00 That Guy 0 Posts: 188
    I'm heading to Mexico in 2 weeks for my honeymoon and I think I'm going to put cigars in a humi-bag and then tuck that inside of a plastic case of a hair clipper kit. Not the pretties travelers pack but should maintain RH, keep the cigars from breaking, and it's obviously very cost efficient. Just thought I'd share my low cost option.
  • Options
    Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    15 ct herfador case is the best.
  • Options
    CavguyCavguy Posts: 9
    I finally decided on the 18 stick case from Cigar Caddy. I have a couple #72 Boveda humidity pack in there and in slowly getting it stocked up for my trip. I am kinda concerned about the foam in there though. Will it effect the humidity any or will it act like a sponge and pull moisture out of the cigars (I have 5 CAOs in there right now and would hate for them to get ruined).
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't worry about the foam at all. It won't absorb much if any and I've never had a single problem with my herf-a-dor. Have a great trip.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I have the 5ct Xikar travel case, and I take it with me do Denver when i go there for work. Denver is a VERY dry city and that humi works like a charm. Never had any issues with my smokes drying out. I am thinking about maybe getting a 15ct.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Do NOT under any circumstances surround your clothes and put them in your checked luggage with just a bag and a water pillow...

I got home last night and had 5 soggy cigars...
    Good thing they were only Nestor Reserve Maduro's that I bought a bundle of and I only brought them to give out to people who wanted one but don't smoke... oh well