Home General Discussion
Options

"Pick My Stick" Thurs 10/18 UNDERCROWN!! COMPLETED REVIEW and PICS

jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
You know the deal..... you pick it.... I smoke it and provide my mini review and pics !!

I will be doing my 'snowbird' thing and heading south for the winter in a week or so........ so enjoy the scenery shots while I am still in Montana.

Some great choices today (thanks to the Nuclear BOMB). None of which I have had before.... so here goes:

1. Pinar Del Rio Oscuro
2. Liga Privada Undercrown
3. Torano Vault

I am excited to try all kinds of new stuff...... so VOTE early and often !! Getting cold here so I usually go out around 3:00 Mountain time.

Comments

• Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    LP Undercrown.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    If you haven't had the Undercrown, please do...
  • Options
    marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    Undercrown, and make sure the fire department knows because it will produce some smoke!
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    See.. I will say the PDR due to the fact that Undercrowns are everywhere. I would love to know your thoughts on something that may not be available locally.
  • Options
    jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    Undercrown. It does smoke like a chimney.
  • Options
    musicman3musicman3 Posts: 622
    Smoke the Undercrown. You will enjoy.
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    undercrown
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    I too would go with the PDR. I had one recently and enjoyed it. Pretty chocolatey towards the end.
  • Options
    UNDERCROWN WINS !!!!! Off I go to do my duty !! THANKS TO ALL !!!
  • Options
    WaterDemonWaterDemon Posts: 269
    How much rest has it had? I smoked one right out of the box sitting for a month in a humidor and it was horrible...let it rest for 6 months and it probably had the biggest 180 I've ever tasted. O.o
  • Options
    musicman3musicman3 Posts: 622
    WaterDemon:
    How much rest has it had? I smoked one right out of the box sitting for a month in a humidor and it was horrible...let it rest for 6 months and it probably had the biggest 180 I've ever tasted. O.o
    I agree with this. I really like it with some rest.
  • Options
    My first Undercrown......I got it in the Nuclear Bomb so I dont know how much time on it but many were a year aged so my guess is this was too. Very nice looking stick, great construction, good feel, nice prelight sniff. Cut and prelight draw was just right and I sensed a hint of cocoa. Very nice.

Toasted and lit with a soft flame. WOW DOES THIS THING EVER SMOKE !!! You guys werent kidding. I love the huge clouds of white billowy smoke. Even sitting it puts off some serious smoke. Early on I still taste cocoa and nice earthy flavors. Great even burn.

First half was very different than the second half..... noticed more spice and pepper in the second half. Still a perfect burn and great flavor. Enjoying one of the last fall days.... cool, crisp and perfect cigar weather.

About half way through the mail came and what did I find in the mail....... a "Stogie Stand" WOOO HOOOO!

Smoke lasted exactly 2 hours..... I didnt want it to end. I have now added this to my 'top ten' list. Wonderful smoke. My rating is 5 out of 5. Quite an enjoyable afternoon.

Thanks for voting.... a great choice. I will be leaving Montana in a week or so and I will try to get a few more "Pick My Stick" selections in and maybe some winter pics. We had snow a few weeks ago so you might get to see some winter shots before I head south.

Look for my next Pick !! It will be a couple of day.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Can't wait to see you bro.
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the story on those old lures?
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    What's the story on those old lures?
    They came out of a storage unit..... some are pretty cool..... My neighbor buys storage units and I help sort through stuff. They go out for sale this weekend.
  • Options
    bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    Awesome! Glad you enjoyed it. If it was one I gave you it was only a couple of months old. Hopefully its not one of those sticks you enjoy the 1st time around and not the 2nd. As The SeaTown Herf Crew can attest I smoke those things like caleb steals match... which is allot! Hahahaha
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bigfnsteve:
    Awesome! Glad you enjoyed it. If it was one I gave you it was only a couple of months old. Hopefully its not one of those sticks you enjoy the 1st time around and not the 2nd. As The SeaTown Herf Crew can attest I smoke those things like caleb steals match... which is allot! Hahahaha
    +1