Home Ratings & Reviews

Fine and Rare 2012

Wrapper is earthy with hints of cedar and chocolate. Cold draw is light with chocolate notes, the draw is perfect, not super loose and not tight by any means So this cigar started out pretty good. Tons of spice in the beginning. Really nice smoke production, thick white smoke full of flavor. The spice begins to fade and the eathiness beginds to come thorugh. Hints of dark chocolate start to shine through. It gets meaty and almost gamey as I continue to smoke it. The second third, the flavor stays the same, not much else is goign and tastes medium/full bodied. BUT I start to get light headed and really taking a punch in the gut that drives this into a full bodied intense smoke. I decide to slow down, right now im about and hour into the smoke with a good inch or so left. I slow down to try to and let myself calm down. Then it happens. I go green and have to puke. I have never. NEVER. gotten liek this smoking. last years did make me space headed when I finished but nothing like this. With an inch left i had to stop. This cigar is no joke. I warn you with this. Aside from getting sick, this cigar was decent. I do feel like i enjoyed last years more though. With an increase in price from last year I cant recomend this stick for everyone. and just so its clear, I smoke full bodied smokes regularly. Oliva V, undercrown, liga privada, LFD, Some heavy hitters in my rotation. This cigar took the cake though for strength. Damn.

Comments

• bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Holy crap, that sounds horrible! Nice to see you on the forum again DJ!
  • bigharpoon:
    Holy crap, that sounds horrible! Nice to see you on the forum again DJ!
    Been lurking jsut havent had time to post much. Trying to start reviewing a little big again. Figured this was a good way to start haha
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, great review. I have been trying to find this cigar, but no 1 has it, Guess that's why its called rare.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Glock1975:
    Wow, great review. I have been trying to find this cigar, but no 1 has it, Guess that's why its called rare.
    Pm to you
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Do I dare smoke mine?
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    I did not like the first Toro release. I took some hit from some of the BOTLs but I tried really hard to like it. A friend sent me three of the 2012 Torpedo release. I will see how it perform this time. When I smoke the new one, I will keep a open mind. These cigars are indeed very limited release and rare but I am not sure about the word fine so far. I respect others opinion who like it because smoking a cigar is all about enjoying the smoke.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Do I dare smoke mine?
    I would certainly hope so. It was made to be smoked. If you like the collectible nature of it, keep the band and display it with some other memorable cigar bands. To have a cigar without the intent to ever smoke it kind of defeats the purpose of the cigar, doesn't it? That said, it's your cigar. Do want you want.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    Rain:
    Do I dare smoke mine?
    I would certainly hope so. It was made to be smoked. If you like the collectible nature of it, keep the band and display it with some other memorable cigar bands. To have a cigar without the intent to ever smoke it kind of defeats the purpose of the cigar, doesn't it? That said, it's your cigar. Do want you want.
    Of course I'll smoke it at some point :D. I'm using this to help me to learn to age cigars, though. I'm sure it will be a while before I do smoke it, and I hope it gets better with age. Every review I have read says that it is just am average cigar, so I hope with some age it's amazing.
  • SleevePlz:
    Rain:
    Do I dare smoke mine?
    "keep the band" good luck getting this sucker off the cigar in one piece.