Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Voter Fraud

2»

Comments

• Options
    jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    JDH:
    I hate to butt in, but why is the term "teabagger" offensive?
    FYI
  • Options
    JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    jthanatos:
    JDH:
    FYI
    Well I'll be bling blanged. I did not know that. That certainly explains why nobody wants to be called a "teabagger". I sure wouldn't want to be called a "teabagger" either. Who in the hell came up with that? Somebody took a perfectly good word and ruined it ... again.

I guess you learn something new every day, and most of what you learn is really rotten.
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    I knew what it meant....and I think its a pretty good representation for many of em Ive seen;)
  • Options
    MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    JDH:
    jthanatos:
    JDH:
    FYI
    Well I'll be bling blanged. I did not know that. That certainly explains why nobody wants to be called a "teabagger". I sure wouldn't want to be called a "teabagger" either. Who in the hell came up with that? Somebody took a perfectly good word and ruined it ... again.

I guess you learn something new every day, and most of what you learn is really rotten.
    The left first used it and then people wonder why no one from either side can come together.

• Options
    MTuccelli:
    JDH:
    jthanatos:
    JDH:
    FYI

The left first used it and then people wonder why no one from either side can come together.

I've used the term "teabagger" many times, but I never realized that the word had this other meaning. It just sounded like a perfect term for those who affiliate with the Tea Party. If you go looking for the worst in people, you will surely find it.
  • Options
    JDH:
    MTuccelli:
    JDH:
    jthanatos:
    JDH:
    FYI

I've used the term "teabagger" many times, but I never realized that the word had this other meaning. It just sounded like a perfect term for those who affiliate with the Tea Party. If you go looking for the worst in people, you will surely find it.
    Just amazing, earlier once you found out what the term really meant you said "I sure wouldn't want to be called a "teabagger" either" but since it sounded like a perfect term for those affiliated with the Tea Party you had no problem using it. So which is it for you?...the word has only one true meaning and it is something YOU wouldn't like to be called but I guess for you it is OK to use it because it pertains to a group of people that do not subscribe to your way of thinking and is in fact a hateful thing to say.

• Options
    MTuccelli:
    JDH:
    MTuccelli:
    JDH:
    jthanatos:
    JDH:
    FYI

Just amazing, earlier once you found out what the term really meant you said "I sure wouldn't want to be called a "teabagger" either" but since it sounded like a perfect term for those affiliated with the Tea Party you had no problem using it. So which is it for you?...the word has only one true meaning and it is something YOU wouldn't like to be called but I guess for you it is OK to use it because it pertains to a group of people that do not subscribe to your way of thinking and is in fact a hateful thing to say.

That is not what I said, and you know it.

"...I've used the term "teabagger" many times, BUT i NEVER REALIZED THE WORD HAD THIS OTHER MEANING..."

Before I knew of this other meaning for the term "teabagger", the word seemed to me to be a very good term for one who affiliates with the Tea Party. In order to make a pot of tea, you put tea bags in hot water, thus the term "teabagger". As far as I'm concerned THAT IS THE TRUE MEANING OF THE WORD, but now that I know about this obscene connotation, I have no intention of using it again.

If you go looking for the worst in people, you will surely find it.
  • Options
    JDH:
    MTuccelli:
    JDH:
    MTuccelli:
    JDH:
    jthanatos:
    JDH:
    FYI

That is not what I said, and you know it. Before I knew of this other meaning for the term "teabagger", the word seemed to me to be a very good term for one who affiliates with the Tea Party. In order to make a pot of tea, you put tea bags in hot water, thus the term "teabagger". Now that I know about this obscene connotation, I have no intention of using it again.

Then say what you mean the first time and I honestly find it hard to believe that someone of your stature and vast knowledge not having any idea what that term meant. So now when you see someone using that term are you going to call for them to stop or are you just going to sweep it under the rug because YOU won't be using it?

"If you go looking for the worst in people, you will surely find it." Keep saying it and maybe someday you will see the ugly on the left which you support.

Before you go off the deep end let me say I see the ugliness from the right and I see how it is fed by the left and it ain't gonna stop until you and I and others start calling people out for using ugly hateful words.

• Options
    MTuccelli:
    JDH:
    MTuccelli:
    JDH:
    MTuccelli:
    JDH:
    jthanatos:
    JDH:
    FYI

That is not what I said, and you know it. Before I knew of this other meaning for the term "teabagger", the word seemed to me to be a very good term for one who affiliates with the Tea Party. In order to make a pot of tea, you put tea bags in hot water, thus the term "teabagger". Now that I know about this obscene connotation, I have no intention of using it again.

Then say what you mean the first time and I honestly find it hard to believe that someone of your stature and vast knowledge not having any idea what that term meant. So now when you see someone using that term are you going to call for them to stop or are you just going to sweep it under the rug because YOU won't be using it?

"If you go looking for the worst in people, you will surely find it." Keep saying it and maybe someday you will see the ugly on the left which you support.

Before you go off the deep end let me say I see the ugliness from the right and I see how it is fed by the left and it ain't gonna stop until you and I and others start calling people out for using ugly hateful words.

"...Then say what you mean the first time..."

I did.

"...and I honestly find it hard to believe that someone of your stature and vast knowledge not having any idea what that term meant. ..."

I have no control over what you choose to believe. This morning was the first time anyone ever pointed out that slang to me. Why do you think I asked why the term was offensive?

"...So now when you see someone using that term are you going to call for them to stop or are you just going to sweep it under the rug because YOU won't be using it?..."

I believe in freedom of speech. I am not about to start imposing my morals on anyone else by telling them what to say and what not to say, however I will point out to those who use the term how inapproproiate it is, and hope that they will choose to find another term to use.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    MTuccelli:
    JDH:
    MTuccelli:
    JDH:
    MTuccelli:
    JDH:
    jthanatos:
    JDH:
    FYI

These are the weapons of the party of girly-men. Ridicule and name calling. And by the way, the gay community is upset at you using the term "teabagger" in the pejorative sense. Jeanine Garofalo and Rosie O'Donnell are their superstars and approve of this tactic.

See how easy that was. LOL
  • Options
    beatnic:
    MTuccelli:
    JDH:
    MTuccelli:
    JDH:
    MTuccelli:
    JDH:
    jthanatos:
    JDH:
    FYI

These are the weapons of the party of girly-men. Ridicule and name calling. And by the way, the gay community is upset at you using the term "teabagger" in the pejorative sense. Jeanine Garofalo and Rosie O'Donnell are their superstars and approve of this tactic.

See how easy that was. LOL
    Yep, it's very easy to type words onto a screen and to intentionally provoke as much anger in others as you possibly can. It's easy as hell to be as uncivil as possible in the electronic social media age. It's very easy to make it impossible to get along with those who have differing views. Yep. Easy as hell.
  • Options
    Active servicemen disenfranchised

Link
  • Options
    Blatant Link
  • Options
    beatnic:
    Blatant Link
    This is the kind of fraud I am most concerned about. I doubt any large conspiracy could ever last, but a bunch of nutters acting on their own? That I worry about.
  • Options
    Humans. I'm losing faith in them.

Link
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    Humans. I've lost faith in them.

Fixed it.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jthanatos:
    beatnic:
    Blatant Link
    This is the kind of fraud I am most concerned about. I doubt any large conspiracy could ever last, but a bunch of nutters acting on their own? That I worry about.
    sooo....you're saying I wasn't supposed to vote 5 times? whoops :-D

but yes, i'd be more worried about situations like this than "rigged machines" - get a few nut-so's that are on the BOE and I would bet they can F things up more than "machine malfunctions".

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    jgibv:

This is why we can't have nice things.
  • Options
    jthanatos:
    jgibv:

LMAO
    Don't worry, I voted for a different guy every time .... didn't want anyone to feel left out, ya know?

But on a serious note.....my polling place was at the local fire station, so I parked across the street and as I'm walking around the building to the proper entrance, there's 2 older ladies in the fire station parking lot, not more than 50 yards from the entrance of the door voters needed to use .... holding up "vote yes on issue #whatever" and they're yelling out as people walking by "remember that issue #whatever is for seniors. a vote yes will do x,y, and z for seniors. keep us in mind."

first off - i didn't think you could do that

side note - i recognized one of the ladies, and she's the crazy fvckin' driver that has almost hit me while riding my bike to work, on more than 1 occasion ...

• Options
    jgibv:
    jthanatos:
    jgibv:

LMAO
    Don't worry, I voted for a different guy every time .... didn't want anyone to feel left out, ya know?

But on a serious note.....my polling place was at the local fire station, so I parked across the street and as I'm walking around the building to the proper entrance, there's 2 older ladies in the fire station parking lot, not more than 50 yards from the entrance of the door voters needed to use .... holding up "vote yes on issue #whatever" and they're yelling out as people walking by "remember that issue #whatever is for seniors. a vote yes will do x,y, and z for seniors. keep us in mind."

first off - i didn't think you could do that

side note - i recognized one of the ladies, and she's the crazy fvckin' driver that has almost hit me while riding my bike to work, on more than 1 occasion ...
    As long as they are 50 feet out they should be fine, depending on any state laws.
  • Options
    jthanatos:
    As long as they are 50 feet out they should be fine, depending on any state laws.
    And with that I learned something today - thank you.
    If I had to guess I'd say they were more than 50 feet away.

• Options
    jgibv:
    jthanatos:
    And with that I learned something today - thank you.
    If I had to guess I'd say they were more than 50 feet away.
    Every state has different parameters.