Home General Discussion

2012 Padron Family Reserve?

Does anybody know if they're having one this year? The first three were released in early September of their respective year. Last year's was delayed a little (until October I think), but I haven't heard anything about this years. Did they give up on the concept?

Comments

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Good question!! I hope so but my wallet disagrees lol
    Money can't buy taste
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Good question. I am not aware of any 2012 Family Reserve release. if you remember the last FR release the 85th, have you noticed that the size is small then any other Padron FR cigar? Couple of B&M owner told me that the reason was bad economy. A lot of people do not want to spend $20 for a stick now a days. It was a economic size to maintain the quality with lower price. Padron has a lot of aged tobacco in stock also they do not have the habit to yearly release like most of the cigar makers. However, they came up with 1964 6X 60 realease this year. I believe, for the on- going economic performance they are not going to release a new FR. This is a opinion based on my discussion with some B&M owners. there is no hard fact.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    I heard that 6x60 is actually really good too... I am very hesitant to purchase anythign that large, unless it is figurado.
    rzaman:
    Good question. I am not aware of any 2012 Family Reserve release. if you remember the last FR release the 85th, have you noticed that the size is small then any other Padron FR cigar? Couple of B&M owner told me that the reason was bad economy. A lot of people do not want to spend $20 for a stick now a days. It was a economic size to maintain the quality with lower price. Padron has a lot of aged tobacco in stock also they do not have the habit to yearly release like most of the cigar makers. However, they came up with 1964 6X 60 realease this year. I believe, for the on- going economic performance they are not going to release a new FR. This is a opinion based on my discussion with some B&M owners. there is no hard fact.
    The economy makes sense...although once you become a padron fan I think the price become irrellivent. But I do see what you are saying from that stand point.
    Money can't buy taste
    rzaman:
    The economy makes sense...although once you become a padron fan I think the price become irrellivent. But I do see what you are saying from that stand point.
    Money can't buy taste
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Lee, while I like the 45th and 40th, I'd rather have the 85th. Not so much price, I just really enjoy the size and it leaves me wanting more. For some reason, some smokes I like to end on that note, otherwise I get bored. Others I just want to last forever. I like the 85th the most. Padron is so on dimensional to me, with one distinct change, after a while I get bored, even though I am a Padron **** at heart.
  • A year later, I have the same question. Any word on a 2013 Family Reserve? I love the 4 prior versions and thought they were supposed to have one each year until 2014 (50 year anniversary), but it never materialized last year. I'm in the market for a box of high-end Padron's, and if Family Reserve is on the horizon, I'll wait a little longer.