Home General Discussion

Real newbish question

VisionVision Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
So.... I have my humi's in a room (12X12) with one of those Glade Plug-ins in the room. They are Cedar humi's and was wondering if those could effect them? They are about 6-8 feet away. Real newb style there huh?

Comments

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Uh, no. This IS a good question. PM Pete.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Have a good day Peetahh
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vision:
    So.... I have my humi's in a room (12X12) with one of those Glade Plug-ins in the room. They are Cedar humi's and was wondering if those could effect them? They are about 6-8 feet away. Real newb style there huh?
    I would strictly advise against it. When you open your humidor to admire and select your succulent sticks, you want to snort that manly delectable aroma of cedar and uppowoc; not some chemical counterfeit contraption from SC Johnson chosen by a test panel of housewives.

Nope. Bad idea.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    webmost:
    Vision:
    I would strictly advise against it. When you open your humidor to admire and select your succulent sticks, you want to snort that manly delectable aroma of cedar and uppowoc; not some chemical counterfeit contraption from SC Johnson chosen by a test panel of housewives.

Nope. Bad idea.

But while it might hurt your manly experience, it probably won't hurt your (comparably less delicate) cigars.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    I would say no.....from experience...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Are you using beads? If so, those could absorb the smell depending on how humid the air is. I know I've stated this before, but when I had my desktop upstairs in the bedroom, the beads absorbed my wife's shower gel smell when she took a shower and they turned yellow and perfumey. Obviously, this was when it got really humid in the room. It may not occur when it's less wet but something to at least be aware of. If it's normally dry then I'm sure you will be fine.
    james40:
    Are you using beads? If so, those could absorb the smell depending on how humid the air is. I know I've stated this before, but when I had my desktop upstairs in the bedroom, the beads absorbed my wife's shower gel smell when she took a shower and they turned yellow and perfumey. Obviously, this was when it got really humid in the room. It may not occur when it's less wet but something to at least be aware of. If it's normally dry then I'm sure you will be fine.
    Had the glade note on a cigar that should not have had it... I had the same experience you did with plugins... Mine stay far away.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    catfishbluezz:
    james40:
    Had the glade note on a cigar that should not have had it... I had the same experience you did with plugins... Mine stay far away.
    Exactly, humidors aren't 100% airtight so odors do get in/out. Persistent odors will eventually be absorbed by something.....
    james40:
    catfishbluezz:
    james40:
    Exactly, humidors aren't 100% airtight so odors do get in/out. Persistent odors will eventually be absorbed by something.....
    its funny....I remember it oh so well, epc elencos. I was like....wtf is this mango note??? Wow this amazing...wait....that's the glade in the hallway sh$t!!!