Home General Discussion

Ready for Ole man Winter?

RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,907 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just got my back patio all wrapped up in plastic and dug out my heater. I might upgrade to a more powerful heater though mine worked fine last year but they're calling for a much colder one this year.

Comments

• jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    Love cold weather, love snow. Can't wait to sit out with the dog, a good bourbon, and a cigar... Christmas... Thanksgiving... Vacation... LOVE this time of year.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    Just got my back patio all wrapped up in plastic and dug out my heater. I might upgrade to a more powerful heater though mine worked fine last year but they're calling for a much colder one this year.
    Colder? I dunno. Woolly bears are all brown here, and you're not that far from us. Got the firewood stacked up (the fuel that warms you twice) but so far it's been super mild. What with the price of heating oil, I am all for global warming. It's sixty one out this morning.

And yet, I read that the Antarctic ice pack grew at a record rate this last Summer, which was Winter there. In one day it added as much ice as 2,800 Manhattans. Too bad it didn't dump all that on Manhattan.

I love seasons. Grew up in SoCal where we didn't get any such thing. Still enjoying them.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• VisionVision Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jthanatos:
    Love cold weather, love snow. Can't wait to sit out with the dog, a good bourbon, and a cigar... Christmas... Thanksgiving... Vacation... LOVE this time of year.
    ++++1!
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    What is this "snow" you speak of?
  • tkohlertkohler Posts: 70
    webmost:
    Got the firewood stacked up (the fuel that warms you twice) but so far it's been super mild.
    Firewood warms you FOUR times - Once when you cut it, once when you split it, another when you stack it, and lastly when you burn it. We got some pre-season snow in CO, I can't believe how quickly this summer seemed to slip by. I am looking forward to eating some hefty meals for the holidays though :-)
    beatnic:
    States that don't get snow are UnAmerican.
    beatnic:
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jthanatos:
    beatnic:
    I snowboard on fake snow every year. Does that count?
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
    danielzreyes:
    jthanatos:
    beatnic:
    Dirty commie. :P
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    jthanatos:
    beatnic:
    Some years we get snow. Some years we don't. What the hell does that make me?? I'm so confused... :-)

BTW, cold weather sucks!
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    jthanatos:
    beatnic:
    I'm a proud member of the Cajun Nation. We will succeed from your frozen union.
    beatnic:
    jthanatos:
    beatnic:
    I'm a proud member of the Cajun Nation. We will succeed from your frozen union.
    Great, now instead of worrying about being free from foreign oil, I need to worry about being free of foreign jambalaya.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    jthanatos:
    danielzreyes:
    jthanatos:
    beatnic:
    Dirty commie. :P
    Better dead than Red!
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    This isn't cold... Being stationed in Adak for 6 months, that was cold!