Home General Discussion

What do I want for my birthday

rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
Today my lovely wife took me to a French restaurant for dinner after work. After dinner while drinking a fine glass of wine, she asked me- what do you want for your birthday. it must be something cigar related, right? I couldn't answer. I said let me think about it. Now I am wondering what cigar can I ask her to buy for me. Any idea? BTW, though she took me to the restaurant but the bill came from my pocket because I thought that would help to raise my demand bar LOL. I know I am greedy-:)

Comments

• catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Two boxes of the new cohiba pyramides. One for aging, one for smoking!
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Maybe a couple Carabanas Classics, circa 1930? Or the Cabanas 1943? Go for broke, have a Gurkha HMR!!
    Regardless of what you pick, be it something recommended by one of us crazy lot or something of your own choosing, enjoy it to the fullest extent and have a wonderful birthday!
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Can't ask for Cubans because she needs to contact He-Man: The Master of the Cuban cigar. My wife doesn't like him. Because he has a man crush on me LOL.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    rzaman:
    Can't ask for Cubans because she needs to contact He-Man: The Master of the Cuban cigar. My wife doesn't like him. Because he has a man crush on me LOL.
    hahahahaha love it! Well, if you like the Ezra I think they are a good aging candidate given the filler. Otherwise, I'd say a box of the 40th if you haven't ordered one yet.
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    rzaman:

Check the "Luxury" section here on CCOM. The Cabanas are pre-embargo and Andy apparently pimp-smacked someone to get them. And, don't sweat the man-crush, I'm really digging on Dustin's Amish-influenced whiskerage...
    I do like super aged Cubans but not without the proposer aging history. I have no idea about the condition of those aged Cubans. Also, someone smoked two of them from the luxery collection and wasn't impressed. Anyway, I appreciate the thought Daniel.
    Toombes:
    rzaman:

Check the "Luxury" section here on CCOM. The Cabanas are pre-embargo and Andy apparently pimp-smacked someone to get them. And, don't sweat the man-crush, I'm really digging on Dustin's Amish-influenced whiskerage...
    Ah...yes still negotiating the box of Padron 1926 40th Natural from 2004 release with the collector. Hmmm something to think about. Thanks Dustin!
    catfishbluezz:
    rzaman:
    hahahahaha love it! Well, if you like the Ezra I think they are a good aging candidate given the filler. Otherwise, I'd say a box of the 40th if you haven't ordered one yet.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about something crazy. Like an Opus X football.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    You could ask her to get a plane ticket for a friend (someone like...oh I don't know....maybe me?!) to come visit and smoke. Just kidding!! But in all seriousness, have a wonderful birthday and remember no matter what, you already have the greatest gift of all: the love of a good woman!
  • JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    Rip, I have no idea what to suggest, but I have a birthday in a few days, and my wife picked up some Padron '64 no. 4's for me at a local B&M. She got both the maduro and the natural wrappers and they look terrific. They're a brand new release - aged 4 years - Nic. puros - 6.5" x 60 ring. My guess is that these are going to just keep getting better and better and better with age.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I'd go with padron family reserve 45!! It's one of my favorites rott and with age!! They are delicious and a power house!! Plus the don't break the bank to badly lol
    Money can't buy taste
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    I'd go with padron family reserve 45!! It's one of my favorites rott and with age!! They are delicious and a power house!! Plus the don't break the bank to badly lol
    When you buy 25 of em...;)
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rip, is your birthday the 26th?
    If so, you and I have a birthday the same day.
    Happy Birthday!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    since you enjoy tea quite a bit, I suggest a tea bath with a happy ending. just kidding. don't do happy ending unless if it's with your wife
    My birthmonth is January and the date is close to 26th lol. My astrology sign is Aquarius.
    0patience:
    Rip, is your birthday the 26th?
    If so, you and I have a birthday the same day.
    Happy Birthday!
    I do enjoy tea bath sometime with Japanese Matcha tea body soak. You are funny as always...LOL. Here is my favourite tea body soak: http://www.origins.com/product/3826/10454/Bath-Body/Star-Collection/Dr-Andrew-Weil-for-Origins/The-Way-of-the-Bath-Matcha-Tea-Body-Soak/index.tmpl
    jliu:
    since you enjoy tea quite a bit, I suggest a tea bath with a happy ending. just kidding. don't do happy ending unless if it's with your wife
    Thanks David. I am also thinking of Padron.
    JDH:
    Rip, I have no idea what to suggest, but I have a birthday in a few days, and my wife picked up some Padron '64 no. 4's for me at a local B&M. She got both the maduro and the natural wrappers and they look terrific. They're a brand new release - aged 4 years - Nic. puros - 6.5" x 60 ring. My guess is that these are going to just keep getting better and better and better with age.
    Hi Mike, very well said. There is nothing greater than to have a great woman and life partner. I couldn't have come this far without her love and support. I appreciate your beautiful comment.
    skweekz:
    You could ask her to get a plane ticket for a friend (someone like...oh I don't know....maybe me?!) to come visit and smoke. Just kidding!! But in all seriousness, have a wonderful birthday and remember no matter what, you already have the greatest gift of all: the love of a good woman!