Home General Discussion

My wife is amazing!!!

Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
So for my birthday next week my wife suprised me with a new humi, will b here tomorrow, will get pictures of it when i can, it is huge. So its says it come already seasoned, so should i do anything to it before i put my smokes in or not. I will b using distilled water and beads, and i have a humidifer for it.

Comments

• Big TexBig Tex Posts: 142
    Sounds like she's worth keeping around! I got a humi a while back that was supposedly seasoned as well. I went ahead and put a dish of distilled water in it for a few days just to make sure before I put any sticks in it.
    Edit, I just remembered you said it was huge...it may have already been seasoned by the pros that built it then. A dish of distilled water may not do much in that big of an environment. Mine was a 150 count.
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the advice.... Showed me a image of it, I will probably season it a few days just 2 be safe.
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Awesome wife to take care of business. What size we talking and what humi name? I don't have any high ends like expensive humis but myself after learning my way thru this hobby I would get my beads and hygrometers in there for 1 to 2 days to verify its at MY setpoint. Show us some pics when you get it Ray. Oh i really need to know the size, I'm first in line to help you fill that **** up.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you say Birthday!!!!! Well then, the Shizz needs to throw that humi a welcoming party!!!!!!!! Tell the wife..great job, you are lucky!!
  • cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    Nice Glock nothing like more storage! And Happy B-Day!
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    Did you say Birthday!!!!! Well then, the Shizz needs to throw that humi a welcoming party!!!!!!!! Tell the wife..great job, you are lucky!!

Nice knowing you, Ray from Hughes Rd...
    Happy Birthday,bro! Sounds like you have a keeper.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,907 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice brother! Just make sure it is actually seasoned.
    Thanks, still waiting....
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Congrats. I'd still do a proper seasoning.... Can't hurt. I like boveda packs. Fool proof.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
    Ok guys here it is, so what do u think i need to keep humidity in this, i have the following humidifer and a coule of jars, what would u guys use. imageimageimage
    Nice Ray tell her well done!!
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy habaneros! Sooo jelly.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
    Thanks, already did, over and over. ANy suggestions, boveda packs, beads, cat litter, water. Help....
  • prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    Nice humi. Go big or go home!
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    That thing is sweet!! Have fun filling it!! If she's says anything about the cost to fill it let her know it was her idea lol
    Money can't buy taste
    LOL, yeah that may take me a long time.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beads
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
    I would say beads, but it will take a few pounds to keep that beast satisfied. Holy crap ray, bomb being engaged, I thought you meant maybe a nice 300 count. Look into a fan or 2 for good circulation and 2 pounds probably of beads. Heartfelt can be expensive so ifyou have the cash go that route. Wish conservagel was still available.
    Thanks man, pm me on the best place to get the beads if u would.
    Glock1975:
    LOL, yeah that may take me a long time.
    Not as long as you think..ya know what I mean Lee????
  • ccezarccezar Posts: 97
    Glock1975:
    So for my birthday next week my wife suprised me with a new humi, will b here tomorrow, will get pictures of it when i can, it is huge. So its says it come already seasoned, so should i do anything to it before i put my smokes in or not. I will b using distilled water and beads, and i have a humidifer for it.
    Very sweet of her Glock, a keeper for sure! My wife freaked out on my stash that i keep my office, a 300ct with about a 130 sticks. She only knew about my smaller 75ct I keep at home with about 25 sticks.
    I don't have any experience with the La Veil, but its a digital so I would at least start with running that. I would start with 1 pound of beads or litter spaced throughout in a few pouches, with the La Veil running primary humidification and air circulation since it has a fan. I haven't tried my tests yet since I still have about 1/4 lb of conservagel beads, but its worth a try to pick up some silica litter pearls from wallyworld or wherever. Read up on litter pearls and maybe try that? May be the best economical option. Thats just my opinion so take it with a grain of salt, but thats where my starting point would be, giving it a few days to see where it all settles without cigars. Then start loading a few hundred per day keeping an eye on if it remains stable. If your collection or cigars is already at your proper RH, then you shouldn't have any huge humidity swings. Good luck and keep us pics posted when you start filling that beauty up.
  • NectarCigarNectarCigar Posts: 171
    Very nice humi!! Happy b-day!!
    Thanks guys, i will try that.