Home General Discussion
Options

Any Suggestions????

I have a good friend that is going to Central Mexico in a few days and I’m going to have him pick me up a few boxes of cigars (and a few bottles of tequila) does anyone have any suggestions to some good mild-medium to medium sticks he can look for?

Comments

• Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Preferably something that's not counterfeit. Seriously, there are counterfeit cubans all over Mexico. Make sure he's shopping reputable places. If he's not sure, have him research it before he goes. The internet is a wealth of information.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Rob1110:
    Preferably something that's not counterfeit. Seriously, there are counterfeit cubans all over Mexico. Make sure he's shopping reputable places. If he's not sure, have him research it before he goes. The internet is a wealth of information.
    never been, but rob is right, they are all over!!!!!
  • Options
    nsezellnsezell Posts: 294
    are you allowed to bring tequila back with you from mexico? or do you have to stick in in a suitcase and hope no one checks it? Also, how do you get cigars back? I hear of people doing it all the time, but I'm going to mexico next year and would like to know.
  • Options
    Luck... about the teq, not sure..
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    You can bring back one bottle of tequila/day, and one case of beer. But you cannot bring back two cases of beer, or two bottles of tequila; just one of each.....per day...
  • Options
    mcso22mcso22 Posts: 10
    According to the customs website a person is allowed to bring back 100 cigars and up to 1 liter of alcohol without paying a duty on it. Here is the customs site that I checked, the tobacco starts on page 19. http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/travel/vacation/kbyg/kbyg_regulations.ctt/kbyg_regulations.pdf
  • Options
    great find, thanks
  • Options
    jeff_connorsjeff_connors Posts: 483
    I got hit with some fake choiba's sooo re-serch alot about fakes before you go....there is a few local cigar factories that roll their own blend ,..I tried one from http://www.cancuncd.com/cancun cigars.php....they make a really nice cigar...
  • Options
    mcso22mcso22 Posts: 10
    My friend is going to one of the central states Guadalajara where he is from. He advised that Guadalajara is one of the biggest tequila producing states in Mexico. I also advised him to go to a reputable tobacco shop and get the cigars. Thanks for all the advice looking forward to what he brings back.