Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Cult cigars?

Picked one up the other day. I plan on letting sit for awhile, but interested to know if anyone has any opinions.

Comments

• Options
    TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    I smoked one a little while ago. It was a decent medium stick. Smooth, but not overly complex. Would be good as a later morning smoke with a cup of coffee. IMHO
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    Trident:
    I smoked one a little while ago. It was a decent medium stick. Smooth, but not overly complex. Would be good as a later morning smoke with a cup of coffee. IMHO
    interesting... gonna have to put it on "The List"
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    I got one in my COTM. Don't know if the press on it is purposeful or just a fluke, but it looks cool. Gonna give it a few weeks and see how it burns.
  • Options
    Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    Smoked one a few weeks ago. Nice spice up front. Solid medium bodied smoke. Nothing to set it apart from other Nicaraguans. I'd smoke it again though!
  • Options
    robbyras:
    Trident:

Rob, I'd be more than happy to review this one for you if you would accept my humble words. I've got a few hours Saturday night after work to light up before I go to do some ink.
  • Options
    I plan on trying it out Saturday. I will give my 2 cents.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just saw it on the DD today, haven't seen the brand before, got searchin' and found this thread. Curious to find out how it smokes, I may add this to the ever-growing "want to try list"
    Messick:
    Looking forward to your review.
    Toombes:
    robbyras:
    Trident:

Rob, I'd be more than happy to review this one for you if you would accept my humble words. I've got a few hours Saturday night after work to light up before I go to do some ink.
    Toombes - would love to hear your thoughts on this one as well.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    jgibv:
    Just saw it on the DD today, haven't seen the brand before, got searchin' and found this thread. Curious to find out how it smokes, I may add this to the ever-growing "want to try list"
    Messick:
    Toombes:
    robbyras:
    Trident:

Thanks, John. I'll do my best to give an accurate review.
  • Options
    Toombes:
    jgibv:
    Messick:
    Toombes:
    robbyras:
    Trident:

Thanks, John. I'll do my best to give an accurate review.
    Oh yeah, fire it up... thanks bro!
  • Options
    Dammit!! Woke up this morning to a lovely bout of bronchitis. Sorry, Rob, not gonna be able to review this one for a bit. If someone else wants to step up, please do so. I don't see me burning anything for a few days. Which would explain why the Opus I had this morning was a little ganky...
  • Options
    Toombes:
    Dammit!! Woke up this morning to a lovely bout of bronchitis. Sorry, Rob, not gonna be able to review this one for a bit. If someone else wants to step up, please do so. I don't see me burning anything for a few days. Which would explain why the Opus I had this morning was a little ganky...
    That blows! Get better man! No worries on the review... if you get to it, great... if not, that's cool too...
  • Options
    We'd love for you to check out www.cultcigars.com/freecigars so you can try the new sticks! Let us know your thoughts and share your photos on:
    twitter.com/cultcigars
    facebook.com/cultcigars
    youtube.com/cultcigar
  • Options
    And yet another brand I am wanting to try! It's out of my grasp for the time being though :(.
  • Options
    CULT Cigars:
    We'd love for you to check out www.cultcigars.com/freecigars so you can try the new sticks! Let us know your thoughts and share your photos on: twitter.com/cultcigars facebook.com/cultcigars youtube.com/cultcigar
    LOL @ that promotion...really!??

Maybe I don't understand it right, but we're supposed to go to a local shop and tell them to call you because we want free cigars ??!?!?!
    Haha. Not trying to disrespect you CULT folks, but idk about that one ---- I personally wouldn't try it - got too much respect for the shop owners....but umm ok.

• Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    CULT Cigars:
    We'd love for you to check out www.cultcigars.com/freecigars so you can try the new sticks! Let us know your thoughts and share your photos on: twitter.com/cultcigars facebook.com/cultcigars youtube.com/cultcigar
    LOL @ that promotion...really!??

Maybe I don't understand it right, but we're supposed to go to a local shop and tell them to call you because we want free cigars ??!?!?!
    Haha. Not trying to disrespect you CULT folks, but idk about that one ---- I personally wouldn't try it - got too much respect for the shop owners....but umm ok.
    What makes this even funnier is they use another companies website (cigar.com) to get the word out,,,Just lost my Business
  • Options
    Smoked a robusto, torpedo and churchill, the torpedo was ok but the others stunk. Not a very good cigar and they are over priced.
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys must hate when a Rep walks into your local b&m and trys to sell cigars. Ccom sells Cult. Do you think not buying cult cigars helps Ccom. Ccom would love it if every company came on here and plugged their sticks....and we bought them because of it. I've been in lots of B&Ms when a Rep came in just to restock or check the layout and we got talking.....which lead to me buying their sticks. I understand the whole go to their site thing but really? I've never had a cult but if I see one on the cheap ill try it. This is a PUBLIC forum....enjoy it for what its worth.
  • Options
    Vision:
    You guys must hate when a Rep walks into your local b&m and trys to sell cigars. Ccom sells Cult. Do you think not buying cult cigars helps Ccom. Ccom would love it if every company came on here and plugged their sticks....and we bought them because of it. I've been in lots of B&Ms when a Rep came in just to restock or check the layout and we got talking.....which lead to me buying their sticks. I understand the whole go to their site thing but really? I've never had a cult but if I see one on the cheap ill try it. This is a PUBLIC forum....enjoy it for what its worth.
    I don't mind when a rep is in a B&M, heck La Palina rep was in the shop the other day, very nice guy --- and I thoroughly enjoyed talking to him.
    If CULT sent a rep to the shop I'm sure I'd enjoy talking with him as well, but they'd have to actually send a rep there.....

What I don't like is how for this promotion (at least how I understood it) CULT wants us to act as the rep .... to me it feels like: "hey consumer, you can get free cult cigars but you have to act as a rep for us and tell your B&M to carry them".... lame

• Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    At least it wasnt blatant plug by a first time poster that trys to make us believe they are not a part of the company they are plugging. Username makes it ok for me.
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    Vision:
    I don't mind when a rep is in a B&M, heck La Palina rep was in the shop the other day, very nice guy --- and I thoroughly enjoyed talking to him.
    If CULT sent a rep to the shop I'm sure I'd enjoy talking with him as well, but they'd have to actually send a rep there.....

What I don't like is how for this promotion (at least how I understood it) CULT wants us to act as the rep .... to me it feels like: "hey consumer, you can get free cult cigars but you have to act as a rep for us and tell your B&M to carry them".... lame

i had this some convo on another mb.....

this gets people into a local B&M. Most of you guys have good relationships with your B&M, but many newer smokers don't see a need for a B&M. (i do because i say what online does to things like the comic industry and bookstores) Most new smokers see the online shops and see those 50% off of msrp deals and wonder why the need to pay $12 for a cigar in shop that they can find for under 6 in a sampler or somewhere online.

At least this promo is trying to get people into B&Ms. Does it help Cult by not having to have reps all over the place....sure it does. To be honest i think it is a great idea that hopefully local B&Ms will embrace and use it as time to sell their shop to someone who brings one of these in because i am sure none of your grizzled old vets who have been smoking for a while will take part in this. Only the newer smokers that don't have a relationship with their local shop.

cult gets refferals. local B&M gets new people through the door. SMoker gets some free sticks. The only people that could potentially get hurt by this if it is successful are the regional reps at other boutique shops because they see this as a way to get the word out without hiring someone to go to all those B&Ms.
  • Options
    blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    I didn't see anything wrong with it. I'd love if more companies took time to chat on cigar forums. Since ccom sells them on this site there is no conflict in my opinion. To each his own, business is business, I would try them if I run into one while shopping.
  • Options
    brianetz1:
    i had this some convo on another mb.....

this gets people into a local B&M. Most of you guys have good relationships with your B&M, but many newer smokers don't see a need for a B&M. (i do because i say what online does to things like the comic industry and bookstores) Most new smokers see the online shops and see those 50% off of msrp deals and wonder why the need to pay $12 for a cigar in shop that they can find for under 6 in a sampler or somewhere online.

At least this promo is trying to get people into B&Ms. Does it help Cult by not having to have reps all over the place....sure it does. To be honest i think it is a great idea that hopefully local B&Ms will embrace and use it as time to sell their shop to someone who brings one of these in because i am sure none of your grizzled old vets who have been smoking for a while will take part in this. Only the newer smokers that don't have a relationship with their local shop.

cult gets refferals. local B&M gets new people through the door. SMoker gets some free sticks. The only people that could potentially get hurt by this if it is successful are the regional reps at other boutique shops because they see this as a way to get the word out without hiring someone to go to all those B&Ms.
    Never looked at it that way .... if it gets more folks to the B&M then cool, hopefully they'll spend some $$ on other smokes while they're there and turn into a "repeat" customer.

I agree too, it could possibly hurt reps but don't know if that'd happen. It seems there's always reps at the B&Ms around here and most folks seem to enjoy talking to them and the reps I've seen are always very good at selling their product.

• Options
    Hi Jgibv: Thank you for your reply. To address your post, know that we've had several 100’s claim their 2 free CULT Classic Robusto sticks through their local shops all over the US & other countries.

1. This promotion supports cigar shops & their customers. Store owners meet new & interact with existing customers while learning about a new cigar brand. As you know, this has become more difficult due to the internet sales.
    2. The consumer benefits from 2 free smokes rated 93 by Cigar Journal Magazine.

Simply stated, since you respect your local shop owners, it could only benefit them to see this coupon. It’s important as a business owner to learn of new products & stay ahead of the competition. Presenting the coupon can only result in 2 things.

a. They call us, give us your info, & we mail you 2 free sticks.
    b. They say no and don’t call. It’s worth a try. If you have any additional questions we'd be more than happy to answer them.

“Life’s too short to smoke alone.” ™ “Join the CULT.”™ www.cultcigars.com
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should always support your local shops. There are so many cigars made just for the B&M's . Your missing out on some good smokes just buying online. And I see no reason a cigar manufacturer can't plug. As long as its not a competing online retailer.
  • Options
    macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    Especially since they are sold on this site as well.
  • Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    your talk to people that want to hear what you have to say... I think this is the perfect spot for a cigar company to get the word out. * thanks for the cult hat as well (cigarsnshisha and CseagarC on twitter)
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Have to say I wouldn't walk into my cigar shop and hand them this coupon. However, can't blame Cult for trying. It's an original concept, at least to me. It cost them 2 cigars to create a contact, that's cheap for them. Every time a rep walks into my shop he gives away at least 3 or 4 and that's an account he already has.
  • Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    madurofan:
    Have to say I wouldn't walk into my cigar shop and hand them this coupon. However, can't blame Cult for trying. It's an original concept, at least to me. It cost them 2 cigars to create a contact, that's cheap for them. Every time a rep walks into my shop he gives away at least 3 or 4 and that's an account he already has.
    if you get multiple cigars, that you or someone you know have not had? I bet you call them up to try it out. So they give you two cigars, you give one to your friend. You both go back to shop for cigars, cigar shop buys more boxes and they get more cigars in return, more customers..... its the small things that create big deals.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    As I already stated I think this is ridiculous,

Went into my B&M today the conversation went a little like this

Shpo owner "Hey Rudy"
    me "Hey Mr N, hows business??? "

shpo owner " pretty good, pretty good"
    me " so whats new and exciting??"

shpo owner " I have some La Paulina just in"
    me " Wow thats great, let me take a look"

Me " hey have you ever heard of Cult cigars????"
    shpo owner " No, cant say that I have"

me, "well I was told that if you call them I will get two free cigars"
    shpo owner "Oh,,,, uh I see"

Me " yea give em a call. cause Im a cheap sonnabitch and would really like to get some freebies"

shpo owner " they must be good for you to reccomend them, what would you compare em to??"
    Me, "Unfortunately I cant say, as I never tried one"

shpo owner ,, "SO why should I carry them"???
    me " Well not sure if you have to " Carry" them All i know is that if you call em I get two ,,yep thats right TWO free cigars."

shpo owner "So where did you hear about this deal/company?"
    me,,,,, "Oh I heard about em on cigar.com,,, you know theyre one of those giant online retailers."

SHpo owner, "Please excuse me Rudy I have another customer to attend to"
    Me,,, "Uh yea, sure,, SO you gonna call em?"

Shpo owner, "Ill give it some thought"
    Me ,,"Ok great,, see ya later.. Im gonna run to crosstown b&M now,, gonna see if they also might give em a call,, That way I may get ANother two free cigars,, see ya later!!!!"

Shpo owner,, "yea ok"
  • Options
    Hey! Nice to see you on cigar.com! You are welcome for the hat and thank you for your continued support! Life's too short to smoke alone. ™ Join the CULT. ™