Home General Discussion
Options

Squirrel's from the Treehouse....

phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
So I thought I would make a section for me to BS and so enjoy... Today let me start by saying that I had a Perdomo Habano Conni 6x60 monster and yet again I was blown away. This cigar has a nutty flavor that is very dominant and to boot it is a mellow creamy smoke too! It is the only cigar from Perdomo that I like and I've had all their lines to date though not in every size but you get the idea. I have yet to have the maduro and habano from the Habano line but I'm ordering them very soon.

I have yet to understand why people drive so damn nutty! I mean I saw a couple stopped with their blinker on waiting to turn left and a moron in a durgano rear-ended them. The back of the couple's care got smashed up pretty good, and the durango suffered a damaged bumper. I am just amazed at how people just don't pay attention. Though I wasn't in the very front of the line waiting to go around these people, I saw most of it. Luckily no one was speeding and it was a low speed impact. Last week I drove past two other rear-endings on the freeway.

My best friend's GF graduated from college last night and I was amazed at how much BS that the dean was pushing out, I mean an hour and a half of talking about people other than the grads, then after 2 speeches, finally they got to handing out the diplomas. Then another 1.5 hours go by and people are still getting called. Slow as freaking hell, not to mention they started @ 7pm and were late, and it was outside and having something like that in Oregon outside in June is just plain dumb, it was raining, well sprinkling. At any rate it was a great night for them. I think tonight we are all going out or something since it was too late last night and people had to work this morning. She is going to a dental hygenist school come the fall so things are really going well for her, not to mentioned she graduated with an A average. One thing I did not know is that they seperate A averages from a 3.5 to a 3.65, then again at 3.76 then @ 3.99 then 4.0. One person had a 3.99 which boy, I'd be pissed if it was me.

Comments

• Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Speakin of drivin' and whatnot .....you guys remember 'ol rocky the reindeer I ran over back in Feb. of this year ??? My auto ins just re-newed and guess what ...538.00 premium increase because I also had a ticket several years ago and the combo according to the extortionist ...er ...I mean ins agent ...caused me to have one (1) ins point ? Thats 538.00 every 6 mos or a cool $1,076.00 dollars a year. Thats the INCREASE not the total ! She said it would go back down to the old rate in 12 months because the old ticket would be gone. Son of a ......so with deductibles and all I ended up paying a third of my repair cost myself ...hhmmmm insurance ...I'm thinking all this insures is that I'll be insurance poor !!!
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    phobicsquirrel:
    So I thought I would make a section for me to BS and so enjoy... Today let me start by saying that I had a Perdomo Habano Conni 6x60 monster and yet again I was blown away. This cigar has a nutty flavor that is very dominant and to boot it is a mellow creamy smoke too! It is the only cigar from Perdomo that I like and I've had all their lines to date though not in every size but you get the idea. I have yet to have the maduro and habano from the Habano line but I'm ordering them very soon.

I have yet to understand why people drive so damn nutty! I mean I saw a couple stopped with their blinker on waiting to turn left and a moron in a durgano rear-ended them. The back of the couple's care got smashed up pretty good, and the durango suffered a damaged bumper. I am just amazed at how people just don't pay attention. Though I wasn't in the very front of the line waiting to go around these people, I saw most of it. Luckily no one was speeding and it was a low speed impact. Last week I drove past two other rear-endings on the freeway.

My best friend's GF graduated from college last night and I was amazed at how much BS that the dean was pushing out, I mean an hour and a half of talking about people other than the grads, then after 2 speeches, finally they got to handing out the diplomas. Then another 1.5 hours go by and people are still getting called. Slow as freaking hell, not to mention they started @ 7pm and were late, and it was outside and having something like that in Oregon outside in June is just plain dumb, it was raining, well sprinkling. At any rate it was a great night for them. I think tonight we are all going out or something since it was too late last night and people had to work this morning. She is going to a dental hygenist school come the fall so things are really going well for her, not to mentioned she graduated with an A average. One thing I did not know is that they seperate A averages from a 3.5 to a 3.65, then again at 3.76 then @ 3.99 then 4.0. One person had a 3.99 which boy, I'd be pissed if it was me.

I just graduated with a 3.99. And yes, I was pissed. But considering half of my credits were from pre-med and nursing school, I guess I did alright
  • Options
    gmill880:
    Speakin of drivin' and whatnot .....you guys remember 'ol rocky the reindeer I ran over back in Feb. of this year ??? My auto ins just re-newed and guess what ...538.00 premium increase because I also had a ticket several years ago and the combo according to the extortionist ...er ...I mean ins agent ...caused me to have one (1) ins point ? Thats 538.00 every 6 mos or a cool $1,076.00 dollars a year. Thats the INCREASE not the total ! She said it would go back down to the old rate in 12 months because the old ticket would be gone. Son of a ......so with deductibles and all I ended up paying a third of my repair cost myself ...hhmmmm insurance ...I'm thinking all this insures is that I'll be insurance poor !!!
    gulp... well what are you **** about, I bay 150 a month for full coverage and my record is perfect! I still think I'm getting fingered but since the company that I'm borrowing from is a douche and makes me take such a high uninsured driver coverage I can't get the lesser rate. insurance sucks!
  • Options
    cholmes8310:
    phobicsquirrel:

I just graduated with a 3.99. And yes, I was pissed. But considering half of my credits were from pre-med and nursing school, I guess I did alright
    No kidding, but .01 off, I think that's just wrong. I mean it's damn good, but on a standpoint of having one b+ and all A's is just a tear jerker...
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    gmill880:
    gulp... well what are you **** about, I bay 150 a month for full coverage and my record is perfect! I still think I'm getting fingered but since the company that I'm borrowing from is a douche and makes me take such a high uninsured driver coverage I can't get the lesser rate. insurance sucks!

What I'm **** about is I still pay more than double that Pheebs for one stinkin' *** ticket !!! What a rip off ...
  • Options
    yeah, like I said they all suck! Insurance has become a huge racket since say the early 90's and perhaps even mid 80's, I mean my god it's so insane. Have you thought about changing companies? Some don't ding you that bad for tickets.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    yeah, like I said they all suck! Insurance has become a huge racket since say the early 90's and perhaps even mid 80's, I mean my god it's so insane. Have you thought about changing companies? Some don't ding you that bad for tickets.
    If you can get USAA go for it! When I married my wife she had USAA I went from paying $200 a month with Geico for my two cars to paying $110 amonth for all three vehicles.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    phobicsquirrel:
    If you can get USAA go for it! When I married my wife she had USAA I went from paying $200 a month with Geico for my two cars to paying $110 amonth for all three vehicles.
    Yep, USAA is the way to go. We were with Progressive when we switched and saved about $50 a month or so. I just sold my Mustang GT, but before I did, we were paying just under $200 a month with a $250 deductible. Now that it is just the Durango, we are paying around $80 a month. This is also in Hawaii, which requires we carry a very high level of uninsured motorist coverage. On top of all that, USAA's customer service is literally second-to-none. We do all our banking, investments, and insurance through them.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:

Yeah I've looked around and not that much diff
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    madurofan:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Yep, USAA is the way to go. We were with Progressive when we switched and saved about $50 a month or so. I just sold my Mustang GT, but before I did, we were paying just under $200 a month with a $250 deductible. Now that it is just the Durango, we are paying around $80 a month. This is also in Hawaii, which requires we carry a very high level of uninsured motorist coverage. On top of all that, USAA's customer service is literally second-to-none. We do all our banking, investments, and insurance through them.
    really? is your durango paid off?
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    No, we have a little less than 3 years left on it.
  • Options
    That's a good price, I've been pawning over getting a new insurance.
  • Options
    WafflebobWafflebob Posts: 118
    I get my insurance through State Farm. It's $75 a month for full coverage. It didn't go up after I got in an accident OR when I got a speeding ticket. After my last accident I took my car into the shop, they trusted the shops estimate and paid for the damages without any hassle or haggling.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Wafflebob:
    I get my insurance through State Farm. It's $75 a month for full coverage. It didn't go up after I got in an accident OR when I got a speeding ticket. After my last accident I took my car into the shop, they trusted the shops estimate and paid for the damages without any hassle or haggling.
    im also through state farm. my wife and i (two cars) are at $110 a month. not too shabby.
  • Options
    You peeps must know of some loop holes for cheaper rates... or maybe it's just my area...
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    You area probably has a little to do with it. USAA is only available to military, or dependents but if you can fanagle your way into it, do it.
  • Options
    yeah I know, I use to have them. Not sure if I can anymore though since i'm prior service, not ret. It is funny though, while in the Army I got an ad from AIG for cheaper insurance, called them and got well let's say not cheaper insurance quote. what a gimmick. You know insurance is getting out of hand when you have bike insurance (peddle not motor).
  • Options
    I might have found another RP that I do like, the decade. nice cigar, started smoking it this morning. smooth, not too much bite, and creamy. I'm hoping it stays this way.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    I might have found another RP that I do like, the decade. nice cigar, started smoking it this morning. smooth, not too much bite, and creamy. I'm hoping it stays this way.
    TheDecade is one of my favorite smokes! I've had several and they just get better and better with age. The only RP cigar that rivals it in my book is the Renaissance. That is an AWESOME smoke!
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    phobicsquirrel:
    TheDecade is one of my favorite smokes! I've had several and they just get better and better with age. The only RP cigar that rivals it in my book is the Renaissance. That is an AWESOME smoke!
    I cant recall that, might have too
  • Options
    Yesterday I had a padron 26 natural which I thought was good but really wasn't worth the price. It started out flavorful then mid way started to mellow out and stay the same. Maybe it was because the cigar was long I don't know. It still wasn't bad, but I enjoyed the 70th anni much more. I'm wondering if the 26 80th is any different, or at least better? I enjoyed the 64 maduro more as well. I also had a Cuba Libre too and enjoyed that. It even was good after I had to relight it 2 times since I had to smoke it throughout the day.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    PuroFreak:
    phobicsquirrel:

Decade is probably my favorite smoke!
    Hoping to have one tonight!

• Options
    I have one, I'll have to light it up and hopefully I'll like it. I had a chateau real from Drew Estate this morning, was okay, not as flavorful as I remember though I had it almost a year ago. Very bland. Aroma was nice though, my van smells good.
  • Options
    ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭

phobicsquirrel:
    gmill880:

Man I can't wait till I get all growed up. I'm 22 male paying 208 bucks a month  full coverage on a 2008 Chevy Cobalt with a clean record.

• Options
    Thewelder:

phobicsquirrel:
    gmill880:

Man I can't wait till I get all growed up. I'm 22 male paying 208 bucks a month  full coverage on a 2008 Chevy Cobalt with a clean record.

I said the same thing but I think you need to be 54 or something....
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    I've got 100/300/100 coverage all around and i only pay $70 a month for a 2008 Taurus... The cheaper rates are out there, just have to find them.

Edit: I carry only $300 deductible for collision and comp also
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I pay $284/6 months. But I have a lotta insurance with that company for my shop/building, so I'm sure that plays into it a bit. Plus, my last ticket dropped off my record a few months ago. I do carry large deductables, though, as it makes more sense to pay for minor stuff outta my pocket than to pay through the nose for a small deductable which ups my rates everytime I make a claim.
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    bad drivers? HA! Come to Boston sometime. Or just about anywhere around it. 128 is the best highway to see where the term Massholes comes from.
  • Options
    I'm payin for 4 vehichles though ... about 32-3300 a year ... compared tp about a little over 2000 6 months ago on the same cars
  • Options
    smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    Rob1110:
    bad drivers? HA! Come to Boston sometime. Or just about anywhere around it. 128 is the best highway to see where the term Massholes comes from.
    Yeah I feel ya... You should see people coming onto the Cape from the Bourne Bridge and rotary.