Home Non Cigar Related

The men who built America

Is anyone watching this on the History channel? Very interesting and entertaining. My daughter and I love it. Check it out if you haven't.

Comments

• danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great show!
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    I have been watching this and really enjoying it. Interesting stuff for sure.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hadn't even heard of it - been skipping past History Channel lately since it's always Pawn Stars and Pickers.

This looks good though - hopefully I can find it On Demand and catch up on the series.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,682 ✭✭✭✭✭
    great show
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Hey! Pickers is an ok show ;)
  • Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    dvr"d it, watching one now...very good show.
  • bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    My prior knowledge of these men is just from the short blurbs from history class back in school so it's really interesting to see more to their stories and even how they had business dealings with each other.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could never do it these days.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    the chinese men that built the Golden Gate Bridge
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    jliu:
    Don't forget the railroads...
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    james40:
    jliu:
    Don't forget the railroads...
    don't forget I won't forget mister james fohtay
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jliu:
    What? Sounds like an anachronism to me. The GGB was built in the early thirties. One of many Herbert Hoover's RFC projects, wasn't it? Back then, instead of bailing out banksters, theybuilt big projects. Hoover was a civil engineer, so he was big on that stuff. We have one of his dams right down the road from here. I think you are confusing the GG with the railroad.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)