Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Election 2012 LIVE

VisionVision Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
So.... How is everyone feeling/doing? Early thoughts? Rants? No fighting No comments directed at other members.... Just your thought on the Election... or Eviction.... how ever you see it. Then after the polls close.... Crying and celebration.

Comments

• Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are still in limbo over here..too much RED for my taste...
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    I like ths shaping up of things to this point. Upset by several location elections, but Scott Brown being down as the counted votes go up is a very good thing.
  • Options
    Vulchor:
    I like ths shaping up of things to this point. Upset by several location elections, but Scott Brown being down as the counted votes go up is a very good thing.
    Anyone but Elizabeth Warren...... ANYONE
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    There's still people in line to vote in New Mexico. An area with 50000 registered voters only had 5 polling places. An area nearby with only 10000 or so voters also had 5 polling places. It's going to be a long night for some. I don't think NM carries too many electorate votes though. NM is a crazy state politically, I do know that.
  • Options
    I guess for the next 4 years we will "Hope for change"..... Spare change....
  • Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's looking like it comes down to my state for obama. Ohio is huge right now. If wins it, this may be the end for romney and my fellow republicans.
  • Options
    JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    I think Mr. Obama will take Ohio, and maybe Florida and Virginia.
    This may be an election where Mr. Romney will win the popular vote, but loose the Electoral count.
  • Options
    Vulchor:
    Absolutely. Ms. Warren was one of several Senate hopefuls that I really wanted to win.

The wild card in the next Senate may the Independent from Maine; he's a slightly left of center moderate, and ran on doing something about the Senate rules that prevent anything from getting done.
  • Options
    JDH:
    Vulchor:
    Absolutely. Ms. Warren was one of several Senate hopefuls that I really wanted to win.

The wild card in the next Senate may the Independent from Maine; he's a slightly left of center moderate, and ran on doing something about the Senate rules that prevent anything from getting done.
    Anyone but her....
  • Options
    It has just been projected that Ohio has gone to Mr. Obama, and that he has been re-elected President of the United States.
  • Options
    ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    Will some one please tell Florida and ohio to get there *** together and finish counting.
  • Options
    lolllllllllll, if the rest of the poll people are anything like the ones at my polling place the poor people working this afternoon are probably dead already. They looked like they had been voting since Coolidge was in office.
  • Options
    Progressives have won and retained many seats in the Senate, and the Tea Party is loosing seats, especially in the House.
  • Options
    Vulchor:
    lolllllllllll, if the rest of the poll people are anything like the ones at my polling place the poor people working this afternoon are probably dead already. They looked like they had been voting since Coolidge was in office.
    lol Damn! i had some pretty young people, about my age at my place. At least ohio got its *** together. Just a few more and i can have a celebration cigar!
  • Options
    *** me, now I know I'm not going to have a job when I get my degree. TO the military I go.
  • Options
    Not trying to be an @ss, but had Romney personally promised you a job or something?
  • Options
    No. However, when Obama failed to create the jobs he said he would, better yet take away millions of them, why am I to belilve that he'll make more and not take them away this time around?
  • Options
    Question: Does any one fell that they paid higher federal taxes the past 4 years
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JLonsinger2011:
    No. However, when Obama failed to create the jobs he said he would, better yet take away millions of them, why am I to belilve that he'll make more and not take them away this time around?
    um, in the words of Bill O'Reilly, "put down the kool-aid", reality is just outside.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Amos Umwhat:
    JLonsinger2011:
    um, in the words of Bill O'Reilly, "put down the kool-aid", reality is just outside.
    Please enlighten us.......
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    JLonsinger2011:
    *** me, now I know I'm not going to have a job when I get my degree. TO the military I go.
    ... at least you won't have to worry about going to Iran or Syria right away.

The polls were rather good this year, I mean from seeing them from the swing states last night was no surprise to me. The only one I thought would be a nail biter was Florida and it has been. One thing I don't get is since the polls have been rather clear for weeks why the media and some people keep saying it was a close election. It wasn't even close to being close. Obama won the popular vote and did a pretty solid butt kicking in the electoral vote. Not many presidents have won a 2nd term with Obama's numbers from last night in recent history and not since FDR has one won with unemployment as high as it is.

Sadly it seems the GOP still are holding firm on their ways. I was hoping that they would get the message but since their redistricting in the states they held the house and from what I've heard from the web and watching cable (even fox news) they are going to cause a stir. My worry is the dems once again will be unable to point to them doing this and cave. Obama has given so many compromises that his own party has blasted him over but the common wisdom is he hasn't. Poor journalism at it's best! I really hope the sides can come together but it takes to to tango and the GOP are not standing up. The senate may be a different story but Mitch didn't sound that way in his speech.

On the local level I was sad that my state didn't pass the "weed". Sad indeed. Good on Washington though.
  • Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    Stock market is looking nice today..