Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Dear Right Wing

124»

Comments

• Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    JDH:
    I've got 10 cigars that says sequestration won't happen. There will be a deal to avoid it.

Any takers?

That was prety civil wasn't it?

Who's gonna give? The nice republicans or the understanding democrats? Or our fearless commander in chief?

Man, that just doesn't feel right........
  • Options
    JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    jthanatos:
    JDH:
    I've got 10 cigars that says sequestration won't happen. There will be a deal to avoid it.

Any takers?

Is offering a sucker's bet civil? :P
    I'm a big PT Barnum fan.
  • Options
    beatnic:
    JDH:

Any takers?

Who's gonna give? The nice republicans or the understanding democrats? Or our fearless commander in chief?

I'm just saying that a deal will be cut, compromises will be made, and sequestration will be avoided. My cigars are there for the taking if you think I'm wrong.
  • Options
    JDH:
    beatnic:
    JDH:

Any takers?

I'm just saying that a deal will be cut, compromises will be made, and sequestration will be avoided. My cigars are there for the taking if you think I'm wrong.
    10 MOW PA's
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JDH:
    Anyone care to wager that sequestration will not go into effect?
    Of course it won't. The wastrel spenders agreed to the deal, got their debt, spent it, and now they're ready to renege on the deal. That's what they do. They'll find a way to kick the can farther down the road. That's what they do. They'll call this double crossing "compromise". That's what they do. And that's exactly how we have dug this hole so deep.

The good thing is, I did get a spam from Fisker today offering to sell me a hundred thirteen thousand dollar Karma two seat electric sports car made in Finland and subsidized by five hundred thirty million borrowed stimulus bucks. So at least they spent our money well. Isn't fascism grand?

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    "Isn't fascism grand?"

I wouldn't know. I've never lived in a Fascist Nation or under a Fascist government. You might want to go down to Chile and talk to the people who lived there when Pinoche was in power, or go to Spain or Germany or Italy and find some people who lived when Franco or Mousolini or Hitler were in power. They can tell you what living under fascism is like. The closest we've ever come to actual fascism was in the deep south during the bad old days of Jim Crow, but fortunately, there has never been a Fascist government in the United States of America, and God willing, there never will be.

However, if it ever does come to America, I believe Sinclair Lewis got it right when he said it would be wrapped in the Flag and carrying a Cross.
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    JDH:
    "Isn't fascism grand?"

I wouldn't know. I've never lived in a Fascist Nation or under a Fascist government. You might want to go down to Chile and talk to the people who lived there when Pinoche was in power, or go to Spain or Germany or Italy and find some people who lived when Franco or Mousolini or Hitler were in power. They can tell you what living under fascism is like. The closest we've ever come to actual fascism was in the deep south during the bad old days of Jim Crow, but fortunately, there has never been a Fascist government in the United States of America, and God willing, there never will be.

However, if it ever does come to America, I believe Sinclair Lewis got it right when he said it would be wrapped in the Flag and carrying a Cross.
    Great post.
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Beat, JDH, Pheebs, JThan, you all have PMs
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JDH:
    "Isn't fascism grand?"

... However, if it ever does come to America, I believe Sinclair Lewis got it right when he said it would be wrapped in the Flag and carrying a Cross.
    Oh absolutely. America is the problem. If only we could destroy this country what a better place the world would become.

Keep up the good work.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Knoxca1Knoxca1 Posts: 148 ✭✭
    I think the sequestration will happen as it was planned to along and heres why. Both defense and social programs need cutting however neither party wants to do that since that's the areas that they buy their votes. The sequester will allow them to cut both programs, which is drastically needed, and blame it on the other party. It's really a win for everyone if it happens.
  • Options
    jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    webmost:
    JDH:
    "Isn't fascism grand?"

... However, if it ever does come to America, I believe Sinclair Lewis got it right when he said it would be wrapped in the Flag and carrying a Cross.
    Oh absolutely. America is the problem. If only we could destroy this country what a better place the world would become.

Keep up the good work.
    ... Holy reading comprehension, Batman?
  • Options
    jthanatos:
    webmost:
    JDH:
    "Isn't fascism grand?"

Keep up the good work.
    ... Holy reading comprehension, Batman?
    Holy reading comprehension is right!

It's impossible to respond to webmost's post because it reads like a response from somebody who doesn't really understand what I wrote. It looks like he responded to something that was not said, so all I can say is that I really don't know what he's talking about.