Home Non Cigar Related

Lupus

HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
Anyone ever had to deal with this disease, whether it be yourself, spouse, other family member or close friend?

Comments

• mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    I am very familiar, not myself personally, but I treat a few patients with Lupus. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me and good luck. I don't know if it is you or someone you know, usually it affects females, but now is that time to start eating right and exercising regularly. Just shoot me a message for details.
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Thanks mc. My wife was recently diagnosed. She has her first appt with a rheumatologist (sp?) next month, so we'll go from there. She already eats and exercises well/regularly. Was diagnosed with fibromialgia a while back, but we figured that was just a catch-all diagnosis because they didn't know what was going on, and that seems to have been the case. Hopefully we'll be able to get things under control. I'll definitely shoot you a PM once we get more info. Thanks!!
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    My mom was diagnosed when I was 20 with Lupus and I am now 36 .... My moms health has been steadily declining and I can't say how much longer she will be around. My moving to Vermont hasn't allowed me as much time to see her as I'd like. I leave to go home on Friday for two weeks so I'll be able to see her soon.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best wishes to your wife and yourself!
  • jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
    My dad had Lupus and every Christmas I make a healthy donation to the Lupus Foundation. (Lupus.org) Dad lived until he was 82. Prayers are with you.
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the well wishes guys, and sorry to hear about your mom king. We're just playing the waiting game right now, so it's a little frustrating not being able to do anything about it yet.