Home General Discussion
Options

Vinotemps

madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
They are still a work in progress but all my cigars have been moved into the aging vinotemp.

Vinotemp aging

Vinotemps

Comments

• Options
    0 That Guy 00 That Guy 0 Posts: 188
    I dig it!
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    I gotta say, I'm very envious of your setup!!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    can you get a pic with a tape measure in there?
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    can you get a pic with a tape measure in there?
    I can if you want. Or I could just give you the dimensions. Your call.
  • Options
    How are you humidifying it? Are you doing each compartment separately?
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Did you madify them at all, or they just regular Vinotemps?
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i was just trying to get a sense of scale here. i guess either.

maybe a pic from a bit further back and on an angle so the sides are shown as well....

if you dont mind of course.
  • Options
    punkrawk_99:
    How are you humidifying it? Are you doing each compartment separately?
    There is 8 ozs of of Kitty Litter beads in each compartment(you can see the black nylon in the one on the left). Now that all of my cigars have been moved into the two vinotemps I also put one 2 oz tube of heartfelt beads in each compartment of the fridgeador on the right. Since the one on the right is my long term aging humidor it will not be opened very often and I'm hoping the heartfelt beads will help stabilize the kitty litter beads. Not that they haven't been stable so far but it can't hurt to have too much humidification right?

The fridgeador on the left is my short term/smoking humi since it will be opened much more frequently it has 8 ozs of KL beads in each compartment and newly modded Cigar Oasis. So far it seems to exchange humidity between the compartments fairly well, but I plan on putting some kind of holes between the compartments in the future. As you know the fans run constantly which is cool because it constantly keeps the air moving but I worry that it may dry the beads out quicker as well. We'll just have to see.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    The only madification so far is I shaved down some wine corks and plugged the drain holes. I put a piece of electrical tape overtop of the plugged drain hole as well. I just kind of used whatever I had to hold the cigars until I can build the shelves which will be August/September.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    i was just trying to get a sense of scale here. i guess either.

maybe a pic from a bit further back and on an angle so the sides are shown as well....

if you dont mind of course.
    No Problem, I'll try to take some new pics tonight with both of them full. With tape measure, etc for scale. You'll be surprised at how small they are. There still seems to be plenty of room even with close to 300 cigars in them. I think once I get the shelves I want built we are talking a capcity of 250 churchills each.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Nice I just bought a Vinotemp as well... Not the dual-zone like you got, but the single zone, and yes... it's holding allot more cigars than I thought it would
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    alienmisprint:
    Was that a pun, or just a typo? "Maddy"-fications.