Home Non Cigar Related

Petraeus?!

Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,682 ✭✭✭✭✭
The General has resigned as CIA head, over an affair. Didn't see that coming.
WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

Comments

• VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    No matter the power or the moneyor the position----the wiener knows no boundries.
  • JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    Personally I don't care who these guys are **** as long as they don't screw the country.
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    He is a good man, regardless of his personal issues
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    JDH:
    Personally I don't care who these guys are **** as long as they don't screw the country.
    yeah Obama hates the compettion
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,682 ✭✭✭✭✭
    skweekz:
    JDH:
    Obama's having a affair, too? didn't see that either
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    skweekz:
    JDH:
    Silly me. I thought this was a thread about General Petraeus, a man who has lived his life in such a way that any of us should aspire to his example. He is known as an honorable, dignified, straight arrow leader in every sense of the word "leader".

I don't know the details, and I really don't want to know the details either, but I hate to see another of our brightest and best skewered over a pit of puritanical coals because they had an affair. It's just a stupid waste of good people for no good reason. For cryin' out loud, the guy has been overseas for almost 10 years. Is he supposed to become a Monk? It's just one more idiotic waste.

And it has nothing whatsoever to do with President Obama.

• jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    JDH:
    skweekz:
    JDH:
    Silly me. I thought this was a thread about General Petraeus, a man who has lived his life in such a way that any of us should aspire to his example. He is known as an honorable, dignified, straight arrow leader in every sense of the word "leader".

I don't know the details, and I really don't want to know the details either, but I hate to see another of our brightest and best skewered over a pit of puritanical coals because they had an affair. It's just a stupid waste of good people for no good reason. For cryin' out loud, the guy has been overseas for almost 10 years. Is he supposed to become a Monk? It's just one more idiotic waste.

Just to play devil's advocate, your integrity is only as good as what you do when you think no one is looking.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    JDH:

ROTFLMFAO
    jthanatos:
    JDH:
    skweekz:
    JDH:

Just to play devil's advocate, your integrity is only as good as what you do when you think no one is looking.
    My dad told me that's what determines your character, but that's pretty close to your integrity. However, his affair does not diminish his leadership abilities, as far as I'm concerned.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    JDH:
    This might be the most perfect thing I've ever heard said. (or I could've had a few beers...but it's still damn good)
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    think he did a great job in his career.but i always thought his name sounded like a bad guy from g.i joe...
    no matter where you go, there you are.