Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Wine recommendations

Was wondering if anyone knows any good wine to pair with cigars, also preferably some bevmo wines so I can take advantage of the 5 cent sales, but any wine would do

Comments

• Options
    WhoDeyGalWhoDeyGal Posts: 727 ✭✭
    I have found that pinto grigio pairs really nicely.
  • Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chardonnay , or Shiraz r very nice wines not to acidity to take away from your smoke.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    big chunks:
    Was wondering if anyone knows any good wine to pair with cigars, also preferably some bevmo wines so I can take advantage of the 5 cent sales, but any wine would do
    Take a gander at cigarvolante.com That's their hook, is pairing wines with cigars. Don't say I gree with all their pairings; but that's how palates work, innit?

I have a bro in law who imports fine French wines for high end restaurants. His son in law is a country club chef. I asked both of them exactly that question: which wine with a cigar. Both responded port. I told them I am not into wines which taste like cough syrup. At which point, they chatted awhile, then agreed on rum.

Me, best wine pairing I've found is chambourcin.

Course, all this is going to depend on what you like to smoke. Leather and earth go well with chambourcin, but a creamy hay goes well with pinot grigio. Pepper, I dunno -- not a fan of peppery smokes. Some cigars have an aromatic character, where you want a mild white so you don't drown that out. Some have a meaty robust flavor which needs a meaty red to match. Your bio doesn't indicate which variety you like to smoke, so that makes it tough to suggest a wine.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I like sterlings wines. I don't usually drink wine and smoke cigars though.