Home General Discussion
Options

Do any of these look good?

I am talking with a guy who has a ton of cigars he is looking to sell.  I am new to cigars, just been smoking for 6 months now.  Any recommendations from the pics he sent me?

Comments

• Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forums. Eh..I'm still too much of a nooblet to tell a lot of smokes just by bands, plus the pics are kind of far out. Maybe a vet can help.
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    My best recommendation is to steer clear of buying from some random guy with whom you have no relationship.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great Googly Moogly! Buy the whole lot and open a store.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Chips2481:
    I am talking with a guy who has a ton of cigars he is looking to sell.  I am new to cigars, just been smoking for 6 months now.  Any recommendations from the pics he sent me?
    first pic, second shelf from the top all the way to the right. those are great. (opus X 4 packs)
    three shelves directly down from that... the canister. it might be something great if it is what i think it is. but im not sure because i cant see a name on it.

the second pic is difficult to see anything

last pic. top shelf is full of Fuente products. any of them are good.

very difficult to see anything else. not much detail.

i just wanna know whats in the can. Chips, please PM me if you find out what that is.
  • Options
    oh yeah... and discuss with me prices on anything you buy from this guy before you buy. do it in private messages. prices on the open forum are a no no.
  • Options
    Ken Light:
    My best recommendation is to steer clear of buying from some random guy with whom you have no relationship.
    Don't listen to Ken, go with the honor system. Let me hold your wallet, too.
  • Options
    Chips2481Chips2481 Posts: 52
    I just asked about what is in the canister, he just replied so hopefully will get back to me this morning.  Asking about pricing on the opus and Fuente.
  • Options
    Oh and he did say he is a 33 year vet on smoking just has to quit due to health issues.  Seems trustworthy.  This will be done on ebay also which is a plus.
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Chips2481:
    Oh and he did say he is a 33 year vet on smoking just has to quit due to health issues.  Seems trustworthy.  This will be done on ebay also which is a plus.
    As far as I know, ebay only allows the sale of collectible cigar bands and anything they are wrapped around is not guaranteed by the site, much like the way they sell alcohol as collectible bottles, with the seller and site not held responsible for its contents. Caveat emptor, my friend.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Chips2481:
    Hey Chips, ask him if the humidor is for sale too. PM me if it is and what he wants for it! Thanks
  • Options
    Chips, introduce yourself :). Where are you from, what do you do? Scorpio?
  • Options
    He says the opus x are three to a tin?  The round tin is are davidoffs line called zino platinum which he says are no longer sold that way so I am guessing old!  What about the cigars below, he has them on sale on ebay currently.  I know they only allow boxes, wrappers and bands on ebay, I would assume he doesn't know yet or just doesn't care.  He has no seller feedback however has been on since 2008 or longer. 

1 SHORT STORY BANDS MADURO BAND1 BEST SELLER BNDS  MADURO BAND1 HEMINGWAY SIGNATURE MADURO BAND
  • Options
    Chips2481:
    He says the opus x are three to a tin?  The round tin is are davidoffs line called zino platinum which he says are no longer sold that way so I am guessing old!  What about the cigars below, he has them on sale on ebay currently.  I know they only allow boxes, wrappers and bands on ebay, I would assume he doesn't know yet or just doesn't care.  He has no seller feedback however has been on since 2008 or longer. 

1 SHORT STORY BANDS MADURO BAND1 BEST SELLER BNDS  MADURO BAND1 HEMINGWAY SIGNATURE MADURO BAND
    With no feedback, I would say don't buy em man. Just my two cents.
  • Options
    Oh, I didn't see the following on his auction.  Clearly knows how to avoid the ebay rules.

MY DOCTOR SAID ENOUGH WITH THE CIGARS SO LOOK AT THE PICTURES OF A SMALL PORTION OF MY MASSIVE COLLECTION. MY LOSS IS YOUR GAIN ALL MY COLLECTIBLE BANDS OFFERED ARE AT LEAST THREE TO FIVE YEARS IN MY HUMIDORS AGING, BELIEVE IT!! THAT LONG. I HAVE OVER 7000 COLLECTIBLE BANDS AND LIQUIDATING. SEE ANYTHING YOU LIKE IN THE PICS JUST DROP ME A LINE AND I CAN SEE WHAT I CAN PUT TOGETHER AS A PACKAGE OF COLLECTIBLE BANDS, CONTACT ME THROUGH THE EBAY CONTACT SELLER SYSTEM AND PROVIDE PHONE NUMBER AND EMAIL , I WILL POST THE PACKAGE AGREED UPON AS A BUY IT NOW FOR YOU ONLY AND PROVIDE YOU THE ITEM NUMBER SO YOU CAN BUY IT IMMEDIETALY. AND PLEASE DONT ASK ME TO SELL OUT OF EABY WILL NOT THEY HAVE TO EARN TO!! Less than 1000 boxes of this beautiful bands are a highly Collectible piece of Tobacciana for collectors. See my other auctions for more collectibles. SHIPPING A FIXED $5.00 IN ACCORDANCE WITH EBAY TOBBACCO RULES READ BELOW: •The value of the item is the collectible packaging OR COLLECTIBLE BANDS, not the tobacco itself. •The value of the BANDS is higher than the current retail price of the tobacco in the package.•While the package has never been opened, the tobacco inside is not for consumption. •The collectible BANDS is not currently available in stores BUT ONCE OR TWICE A YEAR IN EXTREME LIMITED QUANTATIES!! •The buyer must be at least 18 years old. (As the seller, I'm responsible for making sure this rule is met.) •Both the buyer and the seller are following all applicable laws and shipping regulations for this transaction.
  • Options
    Rain:
    Chips, introduce yourself :). Where are you from, what do you do? Scorpio?
      I am from MN, computer repair and parts sales.  Cancer :) hopefully not from cigars, lol.  Birthdate 7-5 no pun intended.
  • Options
    You sound like a pc gamer to me.
  • Options
    Yes and you?  BOPS2 in 4 hours 7 minutes and 50 seconds, lol.
  • Options
    Yeah, I just don't do much multiplayer gaming.
  • Options
    the tin is not what i hoped it would be. ill still be ok with discussing fair pricing but i personally am not interested in any of the above. i have enough of what i see right now. the only exception is if there are Opus X no4 or Petite Lanceros. feel free to PM me i will not lead you astray. I have no horse in this race.
  • Options
    marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    the tin is not what i hoped it would be. ill still be ok with discussing fair pricing but i personally am not interested in any of the above. i have enough of what i see right now. the only exception is if there are Opus X no4 or Petite Lanceros. feel free to PM me i will not lead you astray. I have no horse in this race.
    Who are you kidding, even your horse has a PhD in cigarology
  • Options
    Rain:
    What games do you play?  Did you build your own pc?
  • Options
    Chips2481:
    Rain:
    I had Digital Storm build it. I'm playing Company of Heroes right now, waiting for COH2 and AC3 to come out.
  • Options
    Rain:
    Chips2481:
    Rain:
    I had Digital Storm build it. I'm playing Company of Heroes right now, waiting for COH2 and AC3 to come out.

Ok, coh is great.  I lost my attention for strategy games when I began working so much, just couldn't see spending so much time on it, just an hour or so a day on cod for me.  Looking forward to coh2 though, that will take a healthy pc to run though, I know I could barely run coh when it first came out.  Don't get me started on AC, I want to get a ps3 for that game as it is native to consoles and best on a big screen.  Again haven't had time for lengthy games like that though :(  I would be hooked though, I know it.
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Chips2481:
    Oh, I didn't see the following on his auction.  Clearly knows how to avoid the ebay rules.

MY DOCTOR SAID ENOUGH WITH THE CIGARS SO LOOK AT THE PICTURES OF A SMALL PORTION OF MY MASSIVE COLLECTION. MY LOSS IS YOUR GAIN ALL MY COLLECTIBLE BANDS OFFERED ARE AT LEAST THREE TO FIVE YEARS IN MY HUMIDORS AGING, BELIEVE IT!! THAT LONG. I HAVE OVER 7000 COLLECTIBLE BANDS AND LIQUIDATING. SEE ANYTHING YOU LIKE IN THE PICS JUST DROP ME A LINE AND I CAN SEE WHAT I CAN PUT TOGETHER AS A PACKAGE OF COLLECTIBLE BANDS, CONTACT ME THROUGH THE EBAY CONTACT SELLER SYSTEM AND PROVIDE PHONE NUMBER AND EMAIL , I WILL POST THE PACKAGE AGREED UPON AS A BUY IT NOW FOR YOU ONLY AND PROVIDE YOU THE ITEM NUMBER SO YOU CAN BUY IT IMMEDIETALY. AND PLEASE DONT ASK ME TO SELL OUT OF EABY WILL NOT THEY HAVE TO EARN TO!! Less than 1000 boxes of this beautiful bands are a highly Collectible piece of Tobacciana for collectors. See my other auctions for more collectibles. SHIPPING A FIXED $5.00 IN ACCORDANCE WITH EBAY TOBBACCO RULES READ BELOW: •The value of the item is the collectible packaging OR COLLECTIBLE BANDS, not the tobacco itself. •The value of the BANDS is higher than the current retail price of the tobacco in the package.•While the package has never been opened, the tobacco inside is not for consumption. •The collectible BANDS is not currently available in stores BUT ONCE OR TWICE A YEAR IN EXTREME LIMITED QUANTATIES!! •The buyer must be at least 18 years old. (As the seller, I'm responsible for making sure this rule is met.) •Both the buyer and the seller are following all applicable laws and shipping regulations for this transaction.
    smells fishy, i'd pass if I were you.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    With that kinda smokeage and gear, I think you're good to go...especially if you have access to check all of that out in hand...great opprtunity to make samplers for yourself! NVM sorry thought you had access to these in person...
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fixed $5 shipping would bother me.......quite a bit.
    Unless that is per box, then I would say it would be in line.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Chip, These pictures give me the feeling of photos taken at a Cigar shop. The plastic bins, stickers on the boxes, the cigars appear rummaged through, and way too much volume gives me the feeling of " inventory". There is a reflection in the first picture that looks like a sales counter, enlarge the picture and you can see someone standing there. I get a weird vibe about someone with that big a collection of mostly common cigars. I would pass.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    Chip, These pictures give me the feeling of photos taken at a Cigar shop. The plastic bins, stickers on the boxes, the cigars appear rummaged through, and way too much volume gives me the feeling of " inventory". There is a reflection in the first picture that looks like a sales counter, enlarge the picture and you can see someone standing there. I get a weird vibe about someone with that big a collection of mostly common cigars. I would pass.
    Holy eagle eye, Kas! You're totally correct, I see his reflection in the photo. I feel like this is a store owner who is trying to move some of his inventory.
  • Options
    I decided to pass on that guy.  Something came to mind about him being at a hospital for like 5 months in a coma or something, just left them dry out?  Now selling a bunch of ruined cigars maybe?  Anyways I found a local guy who seems legit.  He has a humidor of mostly gurkha's.  Not sure if they are all low end or not, any look good?  Almost out of the diesel sampler packs I bought last month :)

Photobucket
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Gurkhas have enormously marked up retail prices and are always on sale somewhere or another. Don't pay a lot of money for them they can be found cheaply, very cheaply just about everywhere.