Home General Discussion

What comes around.

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
So a while back, the wife and I sent out a few grocery store (Safeway) gift cards for thanksgiving to a few families we know that are having a tough time of things.
Most of them had no idea where they came from. Or at least that is how we planned it.

Fast forward a couple weeks as I go into the cigar store. I was talking to the cigar store owner and he made a comment that a good friend's son, wife and kids were struggling, but somehow they received a gift card for a thanksgiving dinner.

As nonchalantly as I could, I replied, "that is great, I hope they have a wonderful dinner."
As I was paying for the 2 cigars I was getting, he tossed a bunch of cigars in the bag (Torano 1916s, my favorites) and said that is was a return on my gift. When I asked how he knew, he said that one of the tellers at the grocery store said how nice it was that we bought gift cards for some families and we're a small town, people talk.

Sometimes when you live in a small town, it's hard to get away with anything. LOL!

Funny thing is, I had a smile on my face all the way home.
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's awesome Tony!! My wife was asking me what I want for Christmas...I thought for a moment and a box of ISOM's ran through my head.. But I said..how about we just give some money to World Vision since we each sponsor a child. I don't need more cigars more than they need food. I would love it if family members would donate in our names. Great gesture that will reward you for years to come!
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, yes very classy act Tony, man I love doing stuff like that! Congrats
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's beautiful brother.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice brother!
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    That's a great story...that's also extremely nice of you and all good things don't go unnoticed!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    That's a great story...that's also extremely nice of you and all good things don't go unnoticed!!
    +1
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    That is great!!
  • prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    It's nice to see good things happen to good people.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience:
    Funny thing is, I had a smile on my face all the way home.
    Very nice of you Tony. Now go smile some more and go wait by your mail box.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    man I love this time of the year specifically for reasons like this! awesome stuff tony wony
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Torano 1916 Cameroon -- excellent cigar, and a very pretty one. Well deserved.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    Very cool of you Tony, you have a big heart and it shows