Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

AJ Fresh Rolled Maduros or Diesel Unlimited??

Hey I am new to the forum, but I have a quick question. I am looking for a good cheap smoke and was about to buy some diesel unlimited which I read are good. But then I found the AJ Fresh rolled maduros and am not sure which to buy. Any suggestions on which to purchase????

Comments

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think both are pretty good cigars. I also think that if price-point is your qualifier, you're going to end up with the Fresh-Rolled, unless the Diesel are on sale. If you're seeing the same price for the two, probably get the Diesels this time and the Fresh-Rolled the next.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've not tried the fresh rolled. But the diesels are excellent. Any diesel for that matter.
  • Options
    Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    My recommendations is the diesel sampler from c.com. 18 diesel for a great price then you make your decision. Another idea is the AJ oval sampler 8cigars for an unbeatable price tag then you can sample a large variety of his blends in a great shape. In the beginning try to look at samplers they are a cheaper way to get the same great cigars. AJ has some good ones on c.com right now.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Padron2000?! Not the biggest aj fan so my vote might not count. If your looking for a good stick low budget and good rott and great with age I'd go padron. I find Aj's stuff needs rest!! Well at least most of it. Just my .02
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Padron2000?! Not the biggest aj fan so my vote might not count. If your looking for a good stick low budget and good rott and great with age I'd go padron. I find Aj's stuff needs rest!! Well at least most of it. Just my .02
    Def can't go wrong witha Padron and the 2000 can be had at a great price so I def agree with Lee. The one thing I would look at when your buying an AJ smoke is what your looking for. Some feel they need age which I totally can but I do not because I want them a little harsh with a strong retrohale. If your looking for a smooth smoke look elsewhere or age them for a while. For me if a cigar does not make my eyes water on the retrohale i probally won't enjoy it lol.