Home General Discussion
Options

"Pick My Stick" Friday 11/16 - No.9 WINS - COMPLETED

jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
OK so I am back in Texas and Pick My Stick has been busy but here goes for today .... smoke starts at 3:30 CST.
You pick it, I smoke it with my mini (amateur) review and pics.

Choices for today are:

1. Undercrown
2. Liga Privada No.9
3. Illusione

Review and pics will follow ! Vote early and often !

Comments

• Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Liga Privada No.9
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Liga Privada No.9
    +9
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    rburke1129rburke1129 Posts: 386
    Illusione
    Sorry I'm late, but a manure spreader jack-knifed on the Santa Anna.
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    which illusione? but i will say No.9 my fav
  • Options
    JHewey:
    which illusione? but i will say No.9 my fav
    The Illusione is the Epernay '09 Le Petit
    (4.5" x 44)
  • Options
    WOW Almost unanimous. Liga #9 looks like the hands down winner...... I think this was gifted from Bigshizza (or ShotgunJohn) so thanks Jim (I think). You guys blasted me with so much stuff all at once I lost track. This will be my first and I am looking forward to it. Voting still open for about another hour and a half..... thanks y'all

PS. That reminds me..... Bigshizza, ShotgunJohn, Stad and BigfnSteve y'all got packages on the way. Took me a while to get enough stuff to send you guys.
  • Options
    Liga #9 WINS Off to do my assigned duty.... this is one nice looking stick

• Options
    Better have the Dallas Fire Department on standby...
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Yup.. i am smoking a undercrown right now.. man i love Ligas and their smoke
  • Options
    JHewey:
    Rain:
    Yup.. i am smoking a undercrown right now.. man i love Ligas and their smoke
    You guys werent kidding. This thing smokes like the Undercrown. HUGE white smoke. I love that!

• Options
    I wish every gar produced a ton of smoke.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was from me Jim, I love that guy it's so rich and smooth..enjoy!!
  • Options
    jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    That was from me Jim, I love that guy it's so rich and smooth..enjoy!!
    +1 love the number 9. It's a flip between these and the dirty rat for my favorite LP.
  • Options
    Liga Privada No.9 - First one

This was gifted (bombed) by Bigshizza at our outing when I was in the Seattle area.

This is a very pretty well made stick. Beautiful smooth wrapper. Prelight lick had a nice kinda cocoa taste. Cut and prelight draw seemed very light with a nice taste.

Light was simple and smooth. Good simple start. Nice flavors, maybe a little spice and still some cocoa. Burn was excellent. WOW this thing smokes ! A lot like the only Undercrown that I had. Kind of reminds me of the Undercrown. I love that huge white billowy smoke.

Enjoying this smoke a lot. Very smooth nice flavors. Increasing in strength a bit as I go. Smoke continues and I still love it all.

Two observations. #1 - this is a great smoke.... but I was finished in 1 and a half hours. A stick like this usually lasts me 2 hours (I smoke slow and enjoy), and #2 - since I am not as discerning as some it reminded me a lot of the Undercrown. In fact I might have a hard time telling them apart. In any case this has now been added to the top of my top 10 list (which is growing). In my simple rating this is a 5 out of 5.

Thanks again for a great pick and thanks Bigshizza for opening me up to some really good sticks! Your package should arrive tomorrow.