Home General Discussion
Options

Ever Mixed Up Regular and Infused?

RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
I was just looking through the cigar list on CCom, and noticed Isa De Sol. I said, hey, someone just sent me one, let me check it out. I'm reading it and find out that it's infused...then I remember it's in my humi and has been there for a few days. Lucky for me, it was in cello, but it was still a horrible feeling! Anyone else have their noobletness show through and mix up cigars?

Comments

• Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stupid ? Are we supposed to seperate them? I have several in my large humidor with regular smokes.
  • Options
    From what I understand, if they were not in cello, over time the infused smell/flavor would mingle with your normal smokes. Even if they were in cello, I assume, just not as quick. I also doubt ONE infused would do much...but I don't want to chance it.
  • Options
    Gotcha, I have a few guess I need to reorganize it. I think they all have cello on them.
  • Options
    Rain:
    From what I understand, if they were not in cello, over time the infused smell/flavor would mingle with your normal smokes. Even if they were in cello, I assume, just not as quick. I also doubt ONE infused would do much...but I don't want to chance it.
    Can I get a vet to weigh in on this right quick?
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Rain:
    Can I get a vet to weigh in on this right quick?
    im no vet and im not sure where exactly i picked it up, but ive always had a seperate infused humi for this reason. intrested to hear if its true.
  • Options
    Rain:
    nice find. i've always wondered why B&M's keep them together? big enough humi that it wont affect the non-infused?
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, if the infused hasn't been in with the others for some time, it probably isn't gonna be a problem, unless it was an overpowering acid or something. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    if you open your humidor and you smell anything other than just tobacco and cedar, then you may have a problem.

you may not.

i would go out of my way to separate out infused cigars and if you want to keep them, set up an infused cigar only humidor.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    if you open your humidor and you smell anything other than just tobacco and cedar, then you may have a problem.

you may not.

i would go out of my way to separate out infused cigars and if you want to keep them, set up an infused cigar only humidor.
    any thought about the B&M aspect?
  • Options
    Do you guys think if i just seperated them like put the infused ones on the bottom siince i have such a large humi it would be ok?
  • Options
    mwebermweber Posts: 157
    Glock1975:
    Do you guys think if i just seperated them like put the infused ones on the bottom siince i have such a large humi it would be ok?
    Depending on how many you have, might want to just get a small humi just for the infused smokes. Every now and then I enjoy an Acid Kuba Kuba, I keep them in the cello and in the box. The box is in my base cabinet humi along with many other boxes and its just fine, because the lid is shut on it. I made my dad get a small glasstop humi just for his Kuba Kubas (and other infused). Just my 2cents. :)
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    kuzi16:

you may not.

my B&M has a different humidor for infused.
    ive seen them in other B&Ms all in the same humidor
    to be honest ive never tasted a difference.
    however, there is way more air and air exchange in a retail walk in humidor than in your desk top. that may be a factor.

Drew estates has a separate part of a factory for infused cigars. different rolling room, different aging room, different packaging room. there is a reason why they dont keep them together.
  • Options
    WaterDemonWaterDemon Posts: 269
    My girlfriend puts infused cigars and the regular cigars in one humidor. She says it doesn't affect them. But then again she smokes all the infused ones quick so they don't sit very long. She has my old 150ct humidor, I would say its about half full, maybe 8-10 sticks are infused.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    ddubridge:
    kuzi16:

you may not.

my B&M has a different humidor for infused.
    ive seen them in other B&Ms all in the same humidor
    to be honest ive never tasted a difference.
    however, there is way more air and air exchange in a retail walk in humidor than in your desk top. that may be a factor.

Drew estates has a separate part of a factory for infused cigars. different rolling room, different aging room, different packaging room. there is a reason why they dont keep them together.
    thats kinda what i was thinking. thought you be the one to know. thanks
  • Options
    DCarp2005DCarp2005 Posts: 140
    I'm relatively new to the cigar scene, could any of you list some cigars that are infused? I know the Drew Estate Acid line are infused cigars but any others would be helpful. The girlfriend doesnt like the way cigars smell so i figured i might try to pick up a few that are infused.

thanks