Home General Discussion

Colibri Back in Business

This is an exerpt from the CA website.

"We're replacing everything with brand-new lighters," Mann said. Consumers who purchased Colibri lighters will have their lifetime guarantees fulfilled by the new owners. "We had a lifetime guarantee—we're going to honor that," said Mann. New lighters sold by Colibri will carry a two year warrantee.

This is good for me and anyone who has a lighter that is not working. I have one that does not work correctly.

Comments

• madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I bought one while they were being clearanced for $10 at the B&M so I'm glad they're going to honor the warranty as well.

However, this says all I need to know.
    rwheelwright:
    New lighters sold by Colibri will carry a two year warrantee.
    Except for a case like the $10 one I just bought, I'll still never buy a Colibri. When everyone else in the industry offers lifetime warranties why would I buy one with only a two year warranty?
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Every Colibri lighter I got was a freebie, and not worth much more. None of them worked past the second refill. And they were all fugly, so not worth it to me to send them in. The only product of theirs that I liked was the butane.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I'll have to email them, my tri flame needs fixed
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    I bought one while they were being clearanced for $10 at the B&M so I'm glad they're going to honor the warranty as well.

However, this says all I need to know.
    rwheelwright:
    New lighters sold by Colibri will carry a two year warrantee.
    Except for a case like the $10 one I just bought, I'll still never buy a Colibri. When everyone else in the industry offers lifetime warranties why would I buy one with only a two year warranty?
    Amen, Maduro.