Home Non Cigar Related
Options

OSU vs. Michigan

Gentlemen,
The biggest rivalry in the country takes place on the 3rd saturday in November. I myself am a buckeye fan (bleed scarlet and gray) and would like to see what everyone on the forum thinks about this rivalry?
GO BUCKS!

Comments

• Options
    marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    I have Ohio State gear on everyday in Afghanistan, Bucks 2012=undefeated!
  • Options
    DCarp2005DCarp2005 Posts: 140
    Thats great to hear man, a big thanks for serving our country from the buckeye state stay safe man, you get to see any of the games over there?
  • Options
    I do, depending on who they play, but I have to wait until the middle of night to see them with the time difference.
  • Options
    Awesome, that makes sense with the time difference. It'll be nice being undefeated after this weekend and returning the majority of the team next year.
  • Options
    I just like the bragging rights.
  • Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to disappoint all of u, I will b there at the game wearing my #16 denard Robinson jersey seeing my maize and blue win for 2 years in a row . Go Blue
  • Options
    New law went to effect, if you live in Ohio and claim that team up north, deportation ensues to UCLA territory.
  • Options
    Stomp the nuts, GO BLUE!!!
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    It's obvious who I am routing for. Also, we are finally putting our two best players (Robinson and Gardner) on the field where they really belong (RB and QB, respectively). I do think this will be a really good game. Ohio is doing pretty well and Michigan has looked really good for the past few weeks. Ohio's undefeated record is somewhat irrelevant given the cupcake schedule they played (not a single current Top 25 team). In contrast, two of Michigan's losses are to the two teams that will probably play for the National Championship and a loss to 14th ranked Nebraska. I firmly believe the record is only as valuable as the schedule played to earn it. Wasn't that Ohio's argument a few years ago against non-BCS conference teams playing the Sisters of the Poor and getting NC consideration?
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Believe me I wish I could get deported to Michigan , my dads family if from right outside flint
  • Options
    Glock1975:
    Believe me I wish I could get deported to Michigan , my dads family if from right outside flint
    Really? Where? I work in Flint and live about 15 miles away.
  • Options
    Wow really, some live in flushing, and i have others in saginaw. We will probaly be going to at least one home game next year as well.
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    It's obvious who I am routing for. Also, we are finally putting our two best players (Robinson and Gardner) on the field where they really belong (RB and QB, respectively). I do think this will be a really good game. Ohio is doing pretty well and Michigan has looked really good for the past few weeks. Ohio's undefeated record is somewhat irrelevant given the cupcake schedule they played (not a single current Top 25 team). In contrast, two of Michigan's losses are to the two teams that will probably play for the National Championship and a loss to 14th ranked Nebraska. I firmly believe the record is only as valuable as the schedule played to earn it. Wasn't that Ohio's argument a few years ago against non-BCS conference teams playing the Sisters of the Poor and getting NC consideration?
    Cupcake schedule? I will agree with you partially that the BIG 10 is down this year, but let me remind you that the loss to #14 Nebraska as the same team that OSU won 63-38. OSU also beat at the time #21 Michigan State. So in hindsight it may seem like a "cupcake" schedule but they beat 2 top 25 teams during the season and will make it 3 on Saturday.

BTW the schedule is determined years ahead of time so they can't pick who they play based on the rankings, the schedule is what it is.
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If not for sanctions, Ohio State would be ranked 3rd in the country. They WILL win!!
  • Options
    Yes poker slob u r right, but if your program wasn't cheaters and recurited scholar athletes u would b playing in a bowl game and chance for a title. Just saying
  • Options
    DCarp2005:
    SleevePlz:
    Cupcake schedule? I will agree with you partially that the BIG 10 is down this year, but let me remind you that the loss to #14 Nebraska as the same team that OSU won 63-38. OSU also beat at the time #21 Michigan State. So in hindsight it may seem like a "cupcake" schedule but they beat 2 top 25 teams during the season and will make it 3 on Saturday.

BTW the schedule is determined years ahead of time so they can't pick who they play based on the rankings, the schedule is what it is.
    Okay, I did forget the Nebraska victory, but if your win over 5-6 MSU is your second best victory, then you just made my point. Your schedule sucked this year. So the undefeated record holds less merit. I'm not saying Ohio sucks this year, but don't put too much stock in that record. Lots of teams would be undefeated if they played that schedule. That said, I'm looking forward to a good game Saturday. We haven't won down there in a while.
  • Options
    Glock1975:
    Yes poker slob u r right, but if your program wasn't cheaters and recurited scholar athletes u would b playing in a bowl game and chance for a title. Just saying
    I wouldn't go as far as calling the program cheaters. A couple of players made poor choices and the NCAA is tad too strict. But when playing the blame game didn't Michigan get hammered for beggining practices early or something along those lines? So, my point is, no team is perfect, they all bend the rules in some form or fashion.
  • Options
    marineatbn03:
    Glock1975:
    I wouldn't go as far as calling the program cheaters. A couple of players made poor choices and the NCAA is tad too strict. But when playing the blame game didn't Michigan get hammered for beggining practices early or something along those lines? So, my point is, no team is perfect, they all bend the rules in some form or fashion.
    Yes, Michigan got in trouble for training too hard/too much. We apologize. Ohio had a coach that chose not to report the "poor choices" and that is why they got hammered. It was less to do with the players and more to do with the Vest. Let's also not forget, if Ohio wasn't so smug to think they would get off lightly, they could have skipped last years meaningless bowl (i.e. a self-sanction) and instead be preparing for a National Championship this year.
  • Options
    Like I said, no team is perfect, and it is diluted to think otherwise. Its a money business anyway you slice it.
  • Options
    Practice!!! Talking About Practice!!! Just kidding marine, just a little trash talking between rivals, should b a great game, can't wait. image
  • Options
    I do not care how good/bad either team is in any given season, the game is always a hard one. Its my favorite game of the year.
  • Options
    marineatbn03:
    Like I said, no team is perfect, and it is diluted to think otherwise. Its a money business anyway you slice it.
    I agree, none are perfect, but some are better than others :) Good luck on Saturday. Hoping for a classic!
  • Options
    Indeed Tony, indeed. ;)
  • Options
    musicman3musicman3 Posts: 622
    While the Buckeyes are undefeated this year and yes, we will finish undefeated. I do believe we have a ton of improvement that is needed. OSU is a good team right now but not unbeatable. Urban will take this team to a higher level in the next couple of years. Saturday will be a back and forth game down to the wire I'm sure. Go Bucks!!
  • Options
    Agreed, the offense needs tightened up and the defense needs work, but it is still a young team and young new ideas
  • Options
    bap001bap001 Posts: 28
    This Ohio State team reminds me a lot of the 2002 title team. Just does enough to win and that's why I think that at about 3:30 Saturday afternoon Ohio State will remain undefeated with a big victory over the team up north.

O-H!
  • Options
    T.J. ArmstrongT.J. Armstrong Posts: 256
    All I gotta say is, "O-H!" It should be a damn good game and a great start to the Meyer Legacy. He has some big shoes to fill and I think that all of us Buckeye fans hope he fills them with a much class and more honesty than Tressel did. Now if Michigan can keep up these over 500 seasons for a little while, this rivalry can keep it's good name. :-) Sorry, had to throw one last jab...
  • Options
    musicman3:
    While the Buckeyes are undefeated this year and yes, we will finish undefeated. I do believe we have a ton of improvement that is needed. OSU is a good team right now but not unbeatable. Urban will take this team to a higher level in the next couple of years. Saturday will be a back and forth game down to the wire I'm sure. Go Bucks!!
    I couldn't agree more. I find it humorous when Urban Meyer tells the reporters and the team that they player terrible but did enough to win. He demands excellence which is why we will be a NC contender from here on out! It's nice to have Michigan back to a top BIG 10 team and makes the final game of the regular season more interesting and hopeful exciting this year.
  • Options
    ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    The saddest part of it all is Nebraska won't be able to avenge that loss at the BIG ten game. Hopefully be seeing OSU next year
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    I am a Buckeye, HARD CORE BUCKEYE..... I wont start with my Rant about HOW Rediculous the BS is about the Sanctioning and the ABUSE that other teams have done in recruiting and GIFTS .... OY VEY......... Buckeyes will go undefeated and Be the only school to EVER NOT be in the Championship Game (whatever that is)
    O-H-I-O