Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Aurora puro vintage 2003

Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
This Solomon is a very attractive for its size and shape. The reddish color and oily wrapper really jumps out at you. I've been sitting on some for a little now trying to figure out when to burn one...well this was the day. The cigar starts off very mild for me and the draw is rather hard but do to it's size I was not surprised. After the first inch it starts to have a citrus flavor...not the tangy citrus like the cohiba xv but a rather sweetish one. It reminds me of chewing on a slice of orange after a chinese dinner. It has very subtle spice to it and is very smooth. At half way point it starts to build on flavor, the citrus is still there but pepper like a white pepper starts to kick in with notes of wood. It's a very odd yet interesting flavor combo and really makes you think more about it. After a little further into it nuts start to kick in with a sweet anise flavor that is very subtle, the citrus remains but is dwindling out. The final third kicks up with intensity and spice and anise are the major players with a nice wood finish. Over all it was a enjoyable stick and one I would smoke again. The price is rather high but for the rarity of it well it drives the price up a notch. The construction was good and I had two minor touch ups which for the size wasn't bad. It was a nice break from the normal for me and over all I am pleased with it. Wish it just wasn't so BIG!! Over all smoking time was 2-1/2hrs and for a drink I chose sparkling water. I'm no aficionado so I'm sure if kuzi,rob or rip reviewed this it would be much different lol
Money can't buy taste

Comments

• Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good job Lee. That was quite enjoyable.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the review Lee I appreciate your insight!
  • Options
    biodarwinbiodarwin Posts: 265 ✭✭
    Nice review. Do you plan on doing any more?
  • Options
    blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Good review. You sound like me. I hate when I see a cigar getting really good reviews and its only offered in giant sizes. I just can't sit and smoke for 2.5 hours, so there are some I will sadly never try.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys and the answer to more reviews is I have no idea. This was one of those sticks that no one else seemed to review so I figured why not. It was a enjoyable cigar but yes it took a very long time!! It did keep your interest though!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    Got a couple ordered and looking forward to trying them. Lee has never steered me wrong, so I am glad to hear you liked it.
  • Options
    PAtoNHPAtoNH Posts: 429
    I'm a fan of La Aurora (especially preferidos, 100 anos, 1495 & 107 series) but I've not had much success with the 2003 puro vintage. I bought a pack of 8 on special over a year ago but the draw issues on the first one I smoked (after ~ 6 weeks rest) led me to stash them away for a while. I tried again recently and the draw issues are still there. In both cases I ditched the smoke and grabbed one I knew would perform... I'll try again this summer.