Home Non Cigar Related
Options

flounder run is on

jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
we have a fall flounder run here every fall when they leave the bay to go into the gulf,, fished this week with a couple nice ones of almost 6 and almost 7 lbers , friend of mine that netted one posed for a picture, most during the run are 2-4 lbs, then there are the bigger females that go up to around 10, there was also a 27 inch 9 lber caught this week that i know of, mine were 22 and 23 1/2 inches imageimageimageimageimageimage

Comments

• Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    A couple of slices on the belly, a little crab stuffing, throw it on the grill. I'm all about that.
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    A couple of slices on the belly, a little crab stuffing, throw it on the grill. I'm all about that.
    right!, ive been all about filling the freezer with individual meals in my foodsaver bags and ive got quite a bit now to get me by , going tomorrow and going to get a couple for just that , maybe one ill cut one inside out for stuffing, i would rather eat flounder than any other fish and now oysters are getting nice so its on,lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLH9g7mEcOM
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Oysters? Go to San Leon. Ask for Misho or Johnny and tell them you know me.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NICCCEEE!!!
    Great lookin' catch, JJ

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice man!! For such a odd looking fish they sure are tasty!!!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Nice man!! For such a odd looking fish they sure are tasty!!!!
    +1
  • Options
    Yes it has been on. Ive seen some nice flatties this yr.