Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

5 Vegas Miami

JZJZ Posts: 827
For those looking for an everyday affordable smoke I would recommend the 5 Vegas Miami.  I recently purchased 10 from the daily deal and have really enjoyed them.  They have a nice draw, slightly firm allowing some resistance with a large amount of rich smoke.  The flavor is consistent throughout and is medium is strength.  If you can pick some up on a discount you will not be disappointed!  I have the Torpedo (6.1 X 52)    

Comments

• Options
    hawaiianbasshawaiianbass Posts: 123
    I agree on the everyday smoke. What's unique about them, to me, is they don't taste like anything else I have or have tried. The Knuckle is a good size too for those who like a bigger ring guage.

CK
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I also really dig on the 5 vegas miami. They really dont taste like anything ive had before and cant really pinpoint why that is. It's an awesome blend!
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    The Miami is one of the blends I'm not that crazy about...I think it is good, and I do like it somewhat, but in my opinion it's not as good as most of the other blends. The only ones I like less are the Relic and Limitada '07...which are not bad in their own right, but they just don't give me that wow factor that the other blends do. That said, there's not a single 5 Vegas blend that I don't like.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    im not much of a fan either. the last third is almost always crap.... IMHO
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    The Miami is one of the blends I'm not that crazy about...I think it is good, and I do like it somewhat, but in my opinion it's not as good as most of the other blends. The only ones I like less are the Relic and Limitada '07...which are not bad in their own right, but they just don't give me that wow factor that the other blends do. That said, there's not a single 5 Vegas blend that I don't like.
    But you also liked the Puros Indios...... ;)

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    LOL! I'd rather smoke a blended gym sock with a jock strap binder then smoke another Puros!
  • Options
    JZ:
    LOL! I'd rather smoke a blended gym sock with a jock strap binder then smoke another Puros!
    Wow! Tell us how you really feel...LOL

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    You guys just have no taste...you're probably Gurkha fans. :D
  • Options
    j0z3r, Obviously you've smoked too many Puros as it seems to have burned your taste buds! Everything I like or dislike your the complete opposite....So I'll say I hate Swisher Sweets (I really do). Lets hear how much you like them!! JK!!!
  • Options
    Never...although, I do have a grape swisher that's been calling my name...be back in a bit :)
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    j0z3r:
    Never...although, I do have a grape swisher that's been calling my name...be back in a bit :)
    Why pay the price for the swisher... get you some Garcia Y Vega Pops...
  • Options
    brsmith21brsmith21 Posts: 207
    j0z3r:
    Same here. I don't dislike them, but they're my least favorite 5 Vegas and my least favorite Pepin so far. There's a couple of each I haven't gotten around to, but that's where the Miami falls for me, so far.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    cholmes8310:
    j0z3r:
    Why pay the price for the swisher... get you some Garcia Y Vega Pops...

That was my first cigar lol...
  • Options
    I am quite fond of these sticks, it is one of my favorites. Has anybody ever had the special edition, is it just a special size or does it have a special blend as well?
  • Options
    hawaiianbasshawaiianbass Posts: 123
    Its the same blend with a shaggy foot. It s also rolled in Miami not Nicaragua.

CK
  • Options
    When approaching the last third it is good to let the cigar rest for a bit to let it cool down. This has helped alot with maintaining the same flavor.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Hmmmmm....
  • Options
    I had a 5 Vegas over the weekend, not a bad smoke. Hot a tad hot at the end, but I just let it rest and it tasted better after that all the way down to the nub.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed this one. Was smooth all the way down. May have to make this my first full box purchase. Any recomendations to similar sticks?
  • Options
    kaipocruz1kaipocruz1 Posts: 61 ✭✭
    Hey western...Don Pepin also blends the cigar.com corojo label which for its price is a great deal.  Most Pepin's have a distinct black pepper taste intermingled with earth and leather, but the 5V Miami and the CCOM Corojo label are kind of toned down from his other lines. I can never get the corojo label to burn correct but for the price I deal with it. Box worthy at the price!
  • Options
    jet057jet057 Posts: 30
    I agree,heck anything made by pipin is tasty.Now the rest of 5-vegas is crap wrapped up in sh#t.The gold is ok but i quit buying that brand cause its never on ,taste wise.imo
  • Options
    surfingzeekosurfingzeeko Posts: 628
    I had a Miami on the fourth, and i was happy with it. It was a petite corona, which is a size I'd never had before, and I have to say I'm a fan. It's nice to be able to enjoy a smoke with a reasonable burn time
  • Options
    wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    kaipocruz1:
    Hey western...Don Pepin also blends the cigar.com corojo label which for its price is a great deal.  Most Pepin's have a distinct black pepper taste intermingled with earth and leather, but the 5V Miami and the CCOM Corojo label are kind of toned down from his other lines. I can never get the corojo label to burn correct but for the price I deal with it. Box worthy at the price!
    Thanks for the info buddy I got the big house sampler deal. I'll have to fire up one of corojo labels going tomorrow.
  • Options
    kaipocruz1kaipocruz1 Posts: 61 ✭✭
    No prob brother...the house sampler is one of the first things I ever bought at ccom, needless to say it was a good place to start!  It seems that most guys like the purple label connie, but I found the blue label to be a bit tastier. The brazilian label is very complex and satisfying, and the cuban label can be a good change of pace if your in the mood for that sweet tasting tobacco.