Home General Discussion

New to the forum

Hi all, New to the forum and wanted to introduce myself. Names James or Irish, 29 married and a phd student in political science. Began smoking cigars about 2 years ago and pipes about a year ago. In terms of cigars I know I really enjoy maduros but as was made clear by a real life conversation with Lee.mcglynn I am not very sophisticated in terms of the trade offs with ring guages. With regards to pipes I have about 7 or 8 pipes, mostly Petersons but one or two Savenelli and a Falcon mixed in. I smoke Aromatics and a few Peterson blends.

Enough about me, I look forward to getting caught up on posts etc. and to chatting with all of you. If you have any recommendations or want to help clarify the trade off on cigar sizes I'm all ears.

Best

James/Irish

Comments

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forums! What's your address?
  • nickiamnickiam Posts: 608 ✭✭
    Rain:
    Welcome to the forums! What's your address?
    Tread lightly Irish...passing out your address around here can be dangerous...so pm it to me too! Oh, and welcome to the forum.
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    you guys dont miss a beat! welcome to the forums!
  • greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard.....
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    Welcome. We have another Irish he as well. Get to know these guys and you will want to invest in a bigger humi, trust me on this.
    greg2648:
    Welcome aboard.....
    Those little dots are ominous Greg
    Anyone who needs it, PM me.
  • greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    At this time, I am just watching......I reserve the right to change my status.....Get em Rain....
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Rain:

Geesh, Randy! That was rabbit-sex fast!!
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Toombes:
    Rain:

Geesh, Randy! That was rabbit-sex fast!!
    lmfao!!
    marineatbn03:
    greg2648:
    Welcome aboard.....
    Those little dots are ominous Greg

Do you expect anything but the ominous presence of Brer Bear?
    By the way, welcome to the forum!!
  • Thanks for the welcome everyone. Funny about the humidor. I wanted to share that I currently have two modern humidors about 100-150 capacity, but I also have my grandfathers 1918 smoking stand which is lined with some kind of gold tin and seems to keep humidity fairly well. Perhaps I'll grab some pictures and post them soon.

Best

James/Irish
    irshpotatofamine:
    Thanks for the welcome everyone. Funny about the humidor. I wanted to share that I currently have two modern humidors about 100-150 capacity, but I also have my grandfathers 1918 smoking stand which is lined with some kind of gold tin and seems to keep humidity fairly well. Perhaps I'll grab some pictures and post them soon. Best James/Irish
    Please do, we enjoy seeing how much room people have in their humi's
    marineatbn03:
    irshpotatofamine:
    Thanks for the welcome everyone. Funny about the humidor. I wanted to share that I currently have two modern humidors about 100-150 capacity, but I also have my grandfathers 1918 smoking stand which is lined with some kind of gold tin and seems to keep humidity fairly well. Perhaps I'll grab some pictures and post them soon. Best James/Irish
    Hahaha, just ask Daniel Reyes..
    marineatbn03:
    irshpotatofamine:

You mean like this?
    Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
  • Ok so I was at a Tinderbox with Lee in real life and he recommended some cigars but begged me age them for a few months before smoking. Can anyone recommend 5 maduro cigars (and sizes) for me to try? Anywhere up to 16 a cigar is fine although 12ish is usually where I stop unless something is particularly special. But I'm open to trying new things. Yesterday I had, and thoroughly enjoyed a Fuente Anejo (smaller guage) and bought a shark Anejo and a Padron Anniversary to hold on to for a bit. Looking forward to hearing recommendations.

James/Irish
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum James.
    irshpotatofamine:
    Hi all, New to the forum and wanted to introduce myself. Names James or Irish, 29 married and a phd student in political science. Began smoking cigars about 2 years ago and pipes about a year ago. In terms of cigars I know I really enjoy maduros but as was made clear by a real life conversation with Lee.mcglynn I am not very sophisticated in terms of the trade offs with ring guages. With regards to pipes I have about 7 or 8 pipes, mostly Petersons but one or two Savenelli and a Falcon mixed in. I smoke Aromatics and a few Peterson blends. Enough about me, I look forward to getting caught up on posts etc. and to chatting with all of you. If you have any recommendations or want to help clarify the trade off on cigar sizes I'm all ears. Best James/Irish
  • Thanks Rzaman
    Toombes:
    marineatbn03:
    irshpotatofamine:

You mean like this?
    Toombes:
    marineatbn03:
    irshpotatofamine:

You mean like this?
  • irshpotatofamine:
    Hi all, New to the forum and wanted to introduce myself. Names James or Irish, 29 married and a phd student in political science. Began smoking cigars about 2 years ago and pipes about a year ago. In terms of cigars I know I really enjoy maduros but as was made clear by a real life conversation with Lee.mcglynn I am not very sophisticated in terms of the trade offs with ring guages. With regards to pipes I have about 7 or 8 pipes, mostly Petersons but one or two Savenelli and a Falcon mixed in. I smoke Aromatics and a few Peterson blends. Enough about me, I look forward to getting caught up on posts etc. and to chatting with all of you. If you have any recommendations or want to help clarify the trade off on cigar sizes I'm all ears. Best James/Irish

Welcome to the forums!
    marineatbn03:
    Toombes:
    marineatbn03:
    irshpotatofamine:

You mean like this?

Frightening, yet pitiful all at the same time...
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    welcome to the forum James. Sounds like youre in pretty deep already. time to move.
  • WhoDeyGalWhoDeyGal Posts: 727 ✭✭
    Welcome!
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forums James. Lot's of great advice here.
  • Anybody who's Irish is a friend of mine. PM me your addy and we can talk about potatoes and Guinness.
    OldBlueEyes2012:
    Anybody who's Irish is a friend of mine. PM me your addy and we can talk about potatoes and Guinness.

I would chime in on this but I'm Welsh and have no opinion...
  • Toombes:
    OldBlueEyes2012:
    Anybody who's Irish is a friend of mine. PM me your addy and we can talk about potatoes and Guinness.

I would chime in on this but I'm Welsh and have no opinion...
    I'll allow it. just this once.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Irish!! PM me your addy and you can see that Santa gots nothing on us!!
  • Thanks again all. Let's see if this new avatar shows up. James