Home General Discussion

"Pick My Stick" Monday 12/3 Illusione Epernay WINS ! COMPLETED with review and pics

jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
Sunny and warm (Hot?) 80 high for today here in Dallas. You know the deal..... you choose the stick that I will smoke tonight and I write my crummy amateur review along with pics.

Here are my choices for tonight:

1. Black Market
2. Illusione Epernay
3. Berger & Argenti

I have not had any of these so it will be my surprise. Remember..... vote early and often !!

Going out to smoke at 3:30 CST

Comments

• taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    Black Market!
  • jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    Berger & Argenti
  • bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Epernay
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    Berger & Argenti
  • VisionVision Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smoke the Illusione and then go to the bank and get more loot... You will need it for all the boxes of Ills youll be buying LOL
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    The Berg,....:-)
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Illusione Epernay

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

MVW67:

Better then the Ill's?
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    Vision:
    MVW67:

Better then the Ill's?
    depends on which one.
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Black Market
  • bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    Epernay... no questions. Signed sealed and delivered. Warning though you may fall in love with it and start sending Dion Giolito all your money in exchange for sticks. Like um this one guy I know
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Berger & Argenti
    bigfnsteve:
    Epernay... no questions. Signed sealed and delivered. Warning though you may fall in love with it and start sending Dion Giolito all your money in exchange for sticks. Like um this one guy I know

Exactly. You also need to get some HLs and MJ12 ASAP
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Illusione... For sho...love it..
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:

Illusione most definitely. I haven't had any of the Epernays but the other Illusiones I have had were quite tasty.
  • jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
    pelirrojo:
    Bigshizza:

Illusione most definitely. I haven't had any of the Epernays but the other Illusiones I have had were quite tasty.
    Shizz, once again, due to my extremely poor record keeping you probably gave me that illusione but I am never sure
    WOW this is one of the few votes where everything got votes..... as of right now, Illusione with 6, B&A with 4 and Black Mkt 2..... voting closes in about an hour !! THANKS
    MVW67:
    Vision:
    MVW67:

Better then the Ill's?
    depends on which one.
    Illusione is the Epernay and the B&A is unknown, but about the size of a large robusto with the odd foot that has the middle thingie sticking out (nipple)? and the warning band to THOROUGHLY toast the foot before lighting. Interesting stick.
    Vision:
    bigfnsteve:

Haha... cant forget about the MK ultra. One of my all time favs.
    bigfnsteve:
    Vision:
    bigfnsteve:

Haha... cant forget about the MK ultra. One of my all time favs.
    And 88s....not my fav ..... But still real good
  • nickiamnickiam Posts: 608 ✭✭
    Illusione....have to side with the other Four Herfsman that already posted.
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    epernay
    Well.... looks like Illusione Epernay wins it for today..... off to do my duty.

Thanks for voting and look for my little review in a bit.
    Mini review - Illusion Epernay

Nicely constructed stick. Two veins on the same (back?) side. The cap seems longer than usual. Pretty looking smoke. Perfect draw not too tight or loose. First few puffs crisp spicy flavors and lots of big billowy smoke. Woodsy earthy pretty strong for a smaller stick.

Second half still yummy and smooth. Spices, woodsy, very tasty and medium to full body. Very much enjoying this selection. You guys are killing me. I used to like $2 sticks now I am really spoiled.

As I near the end I dont want it to end. Still smooth, still tons of billowy smoke. Very nice. Perfect burn.

OK I give.... cant pick it up any more..... lovely smoke. My simple rating is once again 5 out of 5 and an addition to my ever changing top ten list.

Thanks again for a great selection.... I will be off for a couple of days so look again in a few.
    Very nice Jim,#2! Glad you enjoyed it.
    Ive become quite the illusione fan boy in the last year
    bigfnsteve:
    Very nice Jim,#2! Glad you enjoyed it.
    Ive become quite the illusione fan boy in the last year
    This stick came from one of you guys..... was it you ? Or Jim#1 Or ???
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think me I believe.. Those are a fav if you don't have lots of time but you want to savor goodness! Glad you enjoyed it #2!!
    Yep That size woulda been jim#1 ... i havnt messed around with the epernay coronas.