Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Store employee fired after booting ambulance

RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
Found this on yahoo.. One generally assumes that an ambulance with its lights flashing can park wherever it pleases. This past weekend in New Orleans, a parked ambulance was "booted" by a convenience store employee, who was apparently annoyed that the ambulance had parked in his store's lot. Never mind that the paramedics were treating a man inside the store. That employee has since been fired. According to a report from WWLTV.com, the paramedics put the patient in the back of the ambulance and began to drive away when the vehicle came to a sudden stop. The medics saw that someone had put a boot on their vehicle. When a store employee finally removed the boot, the tire was flat. The paramedics had to call for backup while the man with chest pains waited in the back. Jeb Tate, spokesman for New Orleans Emergency Medical Services, said, "We actually had to delay that patient's care by calling another ambulance out here to come transport this patient." Now, a few days later, WWLTV.com reports that the convenience store employee has been fired and issued a citation by the New Orleans Police Department for simple criminal damage to property. According to the police report, the man, Ahmed Sidi Aleywa, claimed that he didn't know that the vehicle was an ambulance and that he doesn't speak English.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    What a douche. I hope that guy survived and if so, suffered no further ailments from the delayed treatment. Seeing as it's Nawlins, they should voodoo doll his azz.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Found this on yahoo.. ..... According to the police report, the man, Ahmed Sidi Aleywa, claimed that he didn't know that the vehicle was an ambulance and that he doesn't speak English.
    Certainly doesn't excuse his colossally f***in stupid & dangerous move, but that would be the only explanation why someone would do that. .... Dumb.
    Even so, could he not realize what the paramedics were doing and that they were helping someone who was having a medical emergency!?!!?

Idiot

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Lads, this is not the first time something this idiotic has happened. A crew from the company I work for we're pulled over by KSP while transporting a cardiac pt to another facility, while running with lights and sirens. The Trooper tried to cite them for speeding. He actually called for back-up to slow the ambulance down in order to pull it over. Needless to say, that particular gentlemen went on to find a new carreer...
    I hope the pt in this incident suffered no long term effects caused by the delay in transport/treatment just because someone didn't grasp the concept that the big white van with the shiny lights was an ambulance.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DumbA$$
  • Options
    Darth_VaderDarth_Vader Posts: 223
    Try put'tn a boot on the death star........ I dare you
  • Options
    Darth Vader:
    Try put'tn a boot on the death star........ I dare you
    Sheeet, I'd do that in a hearbeat and then bust a cap in your caped azz. That's because I'm a bad mofo.
  • Options
    WaterDemonWaterDemon Posts: 269
    As an EMT/FF that rides both Suppression and EMS units in a busy, messed up, Fire Department...this article does not surprise me one bit. :[
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    Rain:
    Found this on yahoo.. ..... According to the police report, the man, Ahmed Sidi Aleywa, claimed that he didn't know that the vehicle was an ambulance and that he doesn't speak English.
    Certainly doesn't excuse his colossally f***in stupid & dangerous move, but that would be the only explanation why someone would do that. .... Dumb.
    Even so, could he not realize what the paramedics were doing and that they were helping someone who was having a medical emergency!?!!?

Idiot
    Still, I would think an ambulance with flashing lights is pretty universal. Not speaking English shouldn't be an excuse. However, nothing really surprises me anymore so who knows! lol
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like this guy should work for the Philly parking department!! They are so f'ed up they made a show about them!!
    Money can't buy taste