Home General Discussion

Strong cigars

Now into my 5th month smoking and found the stronger cigars that come my way just are not as strong as when I started.  I used to have a bad habit of a certain recreational smoke back when I was a teenager/early 20's, a very bad habit I am no longer proud of, which if you know is quit strong if you get the good stuff.  I think with my background I am used to this kind of strength.  Any recommendations?  The harder the better, lol.

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    anything Camacho
    Joya de Nicaragua Antano, Dark Corojo

La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero maduro or naural.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Punisher, CuAvana
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    +1 for the dark corjo
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    remember that cigars dont have to be strong to be good.
  • WaterDemonWaterDemon Posts: 269
    CAO MX2 with ~8-10 months of aging in a humidor 70/70. May not be the strongest but sooooo good.
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Amos Umwhat:
    Punisher, CuAvana
    Definitely, after you get past the initial 5 min, this thing is great. I liked the intensus as well!
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    remember that cigars dont have to be strong to be good.
    This is very true and since I have been trying to be open minded and smoke some medium smokes that I have been gifted I have def found some winners thanks to you guys I also have been really trying slow down enjoy the smoke and pick out more flavors. I do love a strong cigar though and some potent cigars are Cain and Cain F those you can really feel in the gut. Man o War Puro Authentico, La Hencia Cubana Core, Opus X Oliva V Dieslel unlilmited. By your post chip iit makes me think your inhalling your cigars since your comparing to "strong stuff." Please don't inhale any of the cigars ive listed but I higly recommend retrohaling them. The buzz from smoking a cigar and that other stuff you referred to r different and having a tolerence for one will not mean you can sit down and spark up a Cain withouht eating a big meal first. I only mention this so that you dont turn green and turn you off to full bodied blends I want you to enjoy your journey into my favorite Tobacco Lingero.
  • Chips2481Chips2481 Posts: 52
    No not inhaling.  That much tobacco makes me fear death.  I quit smoking cigarettes with the recreational smoke, don't plan on going back to lung cancer.  The buzz just brings back the good times. 
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Oliva V are pretty full-bodied for me, tasty too!