Home General Discussion

Wineador Project

catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
WOOHOO! Ordered my first wineador tonight. I'll post pics and experience here as I go through the process of getting it ready. I chose to go through Costco as I can always return it if it breaks, they have the best warranty in the biz. I went with a cheaper 24 bottle thermoelectric unit since the warranty negates spending too much, and it will keep me from going overboard with enough room for aging boxes of ISOM and room for everyday smokes and fivers. Also grabbed 8lbs of Exquisicat specifically for this project as well, that I will train at 60-63 in a spare humi that has been sitting there for a week now. Here is the model:
http://www.costco.com/.product.659521.html

So far, I have $246 spent. I already have multiple hygro's and boxes for storage. i may look into some containers for beads as well.

Comments

• marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    Nice brother, can't wait to see it come along!
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    It will take a week to deliver. The KL is one the way, wanted to grab it first to get it sitting in a humi a week before I move forward. I can;t imagine cleaning and plugging the drain will take more then a day.
  • WaterDemonWaterDemon Posts: 269
    Also put news paper in it. I hear it helps with the smell.
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't think it would. But atleast you have a little project and a kickass humi.
    WaterDemon:
    Also put news paper in it. I hear it helps with the smell.
    I've heard that as well. I figure its no different then a cooler. Use dish soap and distilled water, then let it air out. Toss the beads in and some boxes and let it settle a day or so to stabilize.
    Both get delivered today....and we have a B&M event tomorrow. This is going to be a good weekend! Damn if I won't be racing home at 4....
    Step one, unpack, strategically place feet for Nelenea in mirrored glass image
    Step two: place news paper in overnight to start to remove smell image
    Step three: charge dry exquisicat to 65rh image
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shhhweeet. Hmm I have a small wine cooler in the garage just sittin. Maybe I should do something with it.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
    danielzreyes:
    Shhhweeet. Hmm I have a small wine cooler in the garage just sittin. Maybe I should do something with it.
    if ya need a couple lbs of KL...just bought more
  • ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    The blue crystals in the exquisicat aren't scented? I found kl beads with nothing but white/clear. Saw the blue in some and got skured.
    ehehat:
    The blue crystals in the exquisicat aren't scented? I found kl beads with nothing but white/clear. Saw the blue in some and got skured.
    nope they aren't, work as a charging indicator of sorts
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a nice looking unit. Not a bad price on it either.
    Now, if I could only convince Momma that I need something like that. ROFL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    0patience:
    oh please Tony...you got a damn cabinet lol
  • *Petey**Petey* Posts: 375
    This is a cool thread dustin, will for sure be following the progress here. thanks for postng man. and I know they work great, but I still cant get used to seeing cat litter in a humidor . . . . I've seen what they do in there . . . . . it isnt pretty.
    I hate cats, severely allergic....no cats will ever come near this lol.
    catfishbluezz:
    0patience:
    oh please Tony...you got a damn cabinet lol
    That's what makes it so tough to convince her. ROFL!
    She's too smart for me. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Nice Dustin...congrats!!!
    Dawn and distilled water wipe down image
    Couple pounds of KL and hygro image
    Blue light special :)
    The drain run off is not plugged, just put some duct tape on it until I go to the hardware store in a bit. I'll be picking up boxes at the B&M and chilling with the Ezra Zion guys later, then finishing the job. I'll probably wait a few days before I put anything in.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    She sure is perty, Dustin.
    Rain:
    She sure is perty, Dustin.
    it has a very small footprint, all black mirrored glass, and quiet as can be. No complaint here so far, temp is solid. Really I need to get 3 hygro's in there and several boxes and record rh in them for a few days to get a true feel for it.
    Ok, I'm now jealous. LOL!
    Cat, that is a sweet unit.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • NightHawkNightHawk Posts: 247
    U might find some issues with condensation in the summer months if the cooler is running often to keep the temp down. I plugged up my hole with some hosing from Home Depot and drained ex it out to a small Tupperware container. (I cut a small hole in the lid of the Tupperware, and the put the hose in). Sounds a little confusing but ill take a pic if I have a chance. U may not even have this as an issue.
    Made half dozen tubo bead holders today. Put boxes in with beads and outside rh in wineador is 65/62-65 temp. Rh in boxes is 53-63 depending on box, so wet tubos are goin in image
  • What about propping the boxes open with a matchstick? Wouldn't think it would take much to get humidity in.
    FYI...remember to take the cedar sleeves out before you drill lol...