Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Wouldn't it be great if...........

JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
Congress could just be a little more like this:

From Kelly's Heroes:

Crapgame: Hey Joe, Comeeah.

Big Joe: Whada ya want, Hustler?

Crapgame: How’re things going with the bank?

Big Joe: Nothing. The Sherman's broken down and nobody can move that Tiger out of the square.

Crapgame: Then make a deal.

Big Joe: What kind of a Deal?

Crapgame: A Deal-Deal! Maybe the guy's a Republican. Business is Business. Right?

Big Joe: Okay, big mouth.

Comments

• Options
    Well, I thought it was funny.......it's a favorite movie............go figure.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    There ya go hittin us with those negative waves,,,;o) Great Movie
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuStsFW4EmQ
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    God I loved that movie. I've probably watched it 15 times. Of course, I was a "Tanker" when I was in the Army, made it easy to relate.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    bap001bap001 Posts: 28
    Great movie! I miss watching it every memorial day with my dad...what happened to the days of when TBS, TNT, and other networks alike showed class war movies all day on holidays like memorial day and veterans day?
  • Options
    What's the best war movie?
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Civil War - Gettysburg WW2 - Saving Private Ryan Vietnam - We Were Soldiers
  • Options
    WWII - I've got a tie fior 1st:

Patton, Band of Brothers, & Saving Private Ryan, & I really can't rank one above the other

followed by :

The Bridge over the River Kwai and Torra! Torra! Torra!

I've always found it interesting to note that the biggest and bloodiest battles of WWII were fought in Russia, but there have been very few films of that theatre made for Western audiences.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JDH:

Patton, Band of Brothers, & Saving Private Ryan, & I really can't rank one above the other

followed by :

I've always found it interesting to note that the biggest and bloodiest battles of WWII were fought in Russia, but there have been very few films of that theatre made for Western audiences.

Good selection there. I'd have to add in Empire of the Sun. A different perspective.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Amos Umwhat:
    JDH:

followed by :

Good selection there. I'd have to add in Empire of the Sun. A different perspective.
    Yea, I think of scenes from that film from time to time....like when the kid is running along the balcony while the prison camp is being bombed and the US pilot waves at him......or the stresses the adults endured, especially as they were being relocated......Malcovich did a great job......Hey kid, want a Hershey Bar?