Home General Discussion

Thinkin' im givin up on humicare

ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
soooo....after about a year with those nasty hockey puck mold magnets(havent had a issue yet) i moved over to humicare crystals. 2 and 4 oz jars are rated to hold humidity at 65-70 per the amount of cigars i have them humidifing. i call BS. humi has been 65 and droping since i've had them. they are holding 60-65 if im lucky. so i fill them with more water. no dice. i was thinking maybe i didnt do the salt test right so i bought a calibration kit from humicare...nope they are dead on. so im going back to the puck till i can figure out how to get and store beads. wtf. so mad about the amount of money i spent thinking i was improving my humidors. now i have to start all over.

Comments

• jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    Boveda packs. Set em. Forget em.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Addy please
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    pm. dont tell tony. he'll be pissed
    Ummmm....rule number one....anyone Who wants his addy PM me lol! Beads in bound bro, we'll get you settled.
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    hahahaha you got the addy eh?
    pelirrojo:
    hahahaha you got the addy eh?
    the man needs some Kitty litter....it's on
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    Nope, I refuse to accept your address from anyone other than you. I could probably just google it as well. Just be aware, the longer I have to wait for it, the worse it will be for you. And you might be thinking this is a good thing. Have you ever heard of Elmo???
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    ddubridge:
    Nope, I refuse to accept your address from anyone other than you. I could probably just google it as well. Just be aware, the longer I have to wait for it, the worse it will be for you. And you might be thinking this is a good thing. Have you ever heard of Elmo???

Dang, Tony! You bringing puppets into this? Now it's getting real up in here
    SleevePlz:
    ddubridge:
    you lost me on the elmo thing, but you sir have a pm. please be nice and remember I am already in tupperware.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Toombes:
    SleevePlz:
    ddubridge:

Dang, Tony! You bringing puppets into this? Now it's getting real up in here
    Hahaha. On topic, I went from gel to boveda to beads and have not had any issues. With the beads, I misted about 25% of them and placed a shotglass full of distilled water in the humi.
    Kitty litter rules man.... So far, this is the second time I've used it and it really needs no training unless you add dry boxes to a situation. I think I read most have 50-55rh right out of the bag anyways.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    It might not be that the beads are malfunctioning, you might not have enough beads for the volume (even though you have the recommended amount most of us have at least double that) and/or your humidor might not have a great seal and the humidity is leaking out. Either way more beads/KL will certainly help your situation.
    bigharpoon:
    It might not be that the beads are malfunctioning, you might not have enough beads for the volume (even though you have the recommended amount most of us have at least double that) and/or your humidor might not have a great seal and the humidity is leaking out. Either way more beads/KL will certainly help your situation.
    well the issue is I dont have the room for another 4 oz jar of humicare crystals to double the amount. I think I will be hooked up shortly. thanks for the great advise all of you.