Home General Discussion

Carlos Torano

About 2 years back, I had a special Carlos Torano cigar.  It was to commemorate their anniversary of being in business for a certain amount of years.  I thought the name was something like "Old World" or "Old - something".  Just to head the inevitable answers off - no, it wasn't a Rocky Patel Olde World.  This was definitely Carlos Torano.  I just got the one day deal that had a sampler of each type in it.  It wasn't any of these.  I also got sent 2 "Noventas", which wasn't it either.  Can anybody else help with possible special release cigars Torano has done over the past 3 years?

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    carlos torano at this current time has no cigars out that fit the description you gave.

i also did a quick search (search was for "carlos torano old") and came up with nothing. usually youll find something for a cigar that near in recent history
  • MrJesse34MrJesse34 Posts: 7

Has Carlos Torano had any recent special releases that were limited?

the noventa is celebrating 90 years of the torano family growing tobacco.
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Carlos Torano Tribute?

dutyje:
    Carlos Torano Tribute?

That sounds right!  Do you have any info on it?  What about pics?

• dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    MrJesse34:

dutyje:
    Carlos Torano Tribute?

That sounds right!  Do you have any info on it?  What about pics?

I know nothing about it.. just found it in a web search.. there's apparently a 2003 and 2004 release of the cigar, and it is very hard to find. I was able to find one or two places around that have some boxes in stock.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/86296603@N00/29505135/sizes/l/
    Tribute 2003 has a Natural wrapper, Tribute 2004 has a Maduro wrapper.
    Made as a Tribute for Senor Carlos Torano
    call up cigar.com and ask them. they often have thnigs you dont see on the site.
    I emailed my sales rep to see what he says.  Thats great though, thanks alot guys.  That cigar was one of the top 3 or 4 cigars I ever smoked, in my opinion.  I'm gonna see if I can get a few more. 
  • I'm smoking one now. Great stick. It's the 2004 torano tribute. I would love to get my hands on more but only 6,600 have been made. If anyone knows of a box. Contact me
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter