Home Non Cigar Related
Options

The Fiscal Cliiiiiiiiiiffffffffffffffff (sound as man falls off said cliff)

VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
Shove the "fiscal cliff" up your ass----or ****, or any other oraface you desire. Something will happen between now and then to fix or most likely put a band aid on things. Its just the news media, millionaires, and power hungry politicians unwilling to compromise trying to scary us common folk and as usual, perpetuate fear in the middle and middling class while those at the top cement their power-----Gimme a **** break. Notice I did not say Repubs or Dems here as while I have my opinion on who is more to blame, theyre all a$$hats.

Comments

• Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    It makes for great theater.
  • Options
    JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    I think it's really amazing that Obama is offering the Republicans a huge tax cut for nearly everyone in the US, and they STILL want to block anything he wants to do. It just isn't in them to recognize a huge compromise when they're offered one. As far as I'm concerned, the Bush tax cuts should be allowed to expire. Period. We have a debt that needs to be addressed. We have wars that have been fought with no means to pay for them. It's called "personal responsibility".

I remember the Clinton years very well, and I don't remember anyone being hurt by the taxes and the cuts to defense spending that paid down the huge debt that Regan and Bush the Elder left US with. Remember, those fiscal policies resulted in a SURPLUS.

It just proves to me that ideolouges cannot govern, because they'd rather remain "pure" to their ideals, even if means burning down the place. Compromise is not an option. They have to have everything they want, or they will inflict great pain on everyone else. In fact, I think that's exactly what they want to do - destroy everything that is goood and decent about living in the US so that they can protect themselves from imaginary threats to their "liberty".

• Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Take a breath, count to 3 and hold on to your ripcord. We gotta do it someday.
  • Options
    JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    You go first. I'll watch.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    The thing that pisses me off is none of these guys look at tax rates versus collected revenue.
    Shooting themselves in the foot and us in the back.

• Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Allright, I have a few questions for someone. Having really no idea about this cliff except for the article that I just read I have to ask, whats the big deal? From what I can tell its going to increase tax and reduce spending which sounds fantastic if we want to get our debt under control. I'm sure I'm missing something here.

I am also starting to think that the government needs a total rebuild. I'm not saying left or right is correct but the actual way government works is flawed and needs to be reviewed. It may have worked 100 years ago to do things the way they did but it probably doesn't work now. People do that with buisnessess all the time, when it gets cluttered you deep clean or scrap it and rebuild which makes for a leaner, stronger and more robust system. That however, will never happen so I guess were stuck with it.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eggs Ackley
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    Goldy:
    Allright, I have a few questions for someone. Having really no idea about this cliff except for the article that I just read I have to ask, whats the big deal? From what I can tell its going to increase tax and reduce spending which sounds fantastic if we want to get our debt under control. I'm sure I'm missing something here.

I am also starting to think that the government needs a total rebuild. I'm not saying left or right is correct but the actual way government works is flawed and needs to be reviewed. It may have worked 100 years ago to do things the way they did but it probably doesn't work now. People do that with buisnessess all the time, when it gets cluttered you deep clean or scrap it and rebuild which makes for a leaner, stronger and more robust system. That however, will never happen so I guess were stuck with it.
    What we are stuck with around here are 5th generation welfare families.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Roberto99:
    Goldy:

What we are stuck with around here are 5th generation welfare families.
    That should never happen.
    What we need is maximum benefits.
    You can only collect for a set time at a set amount.

Responsibility is lost.