Home Non Cigar Related
Options

NFL MVP.

VisionVision Posts: 7,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just seeing who you guys think is this years MVP so far.
I am a little bias so I will vote Tom Brady.

Comments

• Options
    Duke2Duke2 Posts: 393
    I guess I'll throw in Andrew Luck. This rookie has turned around the Colts.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Well Brady has quite a cast of players around him . Based on what he has meant to his team I would vote Andrew Luck .
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bronco Manning.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Peterson gets my vote
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Vision:
    Just seeing who you guys think is this years MVP so far.
    I am a little bias so I will vote Tom Brady.
    Brady.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Brady were injured and Bledsoe replaced him, the Patriots would still flourish. MVP there is obviously Belichik. Not hating on Brady, you understand. Bless him, his gawky supermodel wife and their burgeoning Brady bunch. Great guy; but proven fact. It's that genius coach who invented the Patriot Way.

Whereas Peyton is the MVP of two teams. Had he not been inured last year, the Colts would have been in contention last year. Instead they sucked so bad they got the number one pick. Which got them Luck. Who looks to possibly be the next coming of Peyton. Had PM not come back from injury and joined the Broncos, they would suck donkey dongs led by Tebow. Clearly, Peyton Manning is MVP of two teams at once. When's the last time you saw that?

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    webmost:
    If Brady were injured and Bledsoe replaced him, the Patriots would still flourish. MVP there is obviously Belichik. Not hating on Brady, you understand. Bless him, his gawky supermodel wife and their burgeoning Brady bunch. Great guy; but proven fact. It's that genius coach who invented the Patriot Way.

I could not disagree more. Brady finds a way to consistently win with the motley cast of characters pulled off the discard pile (and sometimes seemingly picked up at the penitentiary gates).

Belichick is great at identifying untapped potential, but I have yet to see him throw a ball. Brady is one of the smartest players ever to step on the field, period.
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    Bronco Manning.
    +1
  • Options
    pbchevopbchevo Posts: 712
    Andrew Luck the colts sucked last year and this year he has brought them back.

If RG3 can put the redskins in the playoff I think he might have a shot but ill stick with Luck.
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    pbchevo:

If RG3 can put the redskins in the playoff I think he might have a shot but ill stick with Luck.

Not to rain on the Indy fans parade but the colts are pretty much the same team minus Luck and a few other contributing players. Now was Indy really that bad last year? No they played like crap to ensure they would have the top spot and could dump salary (Manning) and draft Luck #1 ...... By week two they were the front runners in the Luck sweepstakes and Irsay was salvating at the mouth to dump 19 million in salary and get a talented player. This is just my opinion but I dont think Luck is it .... he may have a hard enough time fending off RGIII for offensive rookie of the year but remember this .... Luck is tied with Brees for mos interceptions. I would give my vote to Peterson or Brady
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Luck is good but Id have to say nowhere near League MVP.
    I'd go with Adrian Peterson. And yes Tom Brady is probably the best who ever played the position, ever, and bear in mind this is coming from a die hard Joe Montana fan!
  • Options
    kingjk729:
    pbchevo:

Not to rain on the Indy fans parade but the colts are pretty much the same team minus Luck and a few other contributing players. Now was Indy really that bad last year? No they played like crap to ensure they would have the top spot and could dump salary (Manning) and draft Luck #1 ...... By week two they were the front runners in the Luck sweepstakes and Irsay was salvating at the mouth to dump 19 million in salary and get a talented player. This is just my opinion but I dont think Luck is it .... he may have a hard enough time fending off RGIII for offensive rookie of the year but remember this .... Luck is tied with Brees for mos interceptions. I would give my vote to Peterson or Brady

Actually kingjk729 the Colts are not even close to being the same team as last year . They only have 18 players who were on the roster last year on this years squad . Thats 34% . Oh , and only a few coaches also remain from last year .

Thats a 66% turnover in players , much higher in coaches and a new GM and a new defensive transition from a 4-3 to a hybrid 3-4 . As for RG3 and interceptions compared to Luck ? Luck has thrown over 500 pass attempts compared to the low 300's for RG3 . Not dissing RG3 but give him another 200 or so passes and I bet he will be a lot closer to Lucks number of int's.

Now I have not looked it up so anyone feel free to correct me but I bet Peyton ( Yeah , I still have my Manning jersey ) and the Bronco's , nor Tom Terrific and the Patriots , nor Peterson and the Vikes , or the second coming of Randall Cunningham (RG3) and the 'Skins , I bet none of them have had as huge of a complete overhaul as the Colts have . So , based on these reasons , I think it should be the entire Colts team that gets the MV-T , most valuable team . instead of a MVP award ! 8 -)
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Jay Cutler. I'm saying this because no team has stunk that bad when losing their starting QB except for da bears. I know his %'s aren't fantastic by any stretch of the imagination but the fact is his team can't win without him. Isn't that what makes a a player the most valuable?
  • Options
    ENFIDL:
    Jay Cutler. I'm saying this because no team has stunk that bad when losing their starting QB except for da bears. I know his %'s aren't fantastic by any stretch of the imagination but the fact is his team can't win without him. Isn't that what makes a a player the most valuable?
    No. It's when his team can only win with him.

... and what are the Vikes now, 7 and 6? Adrian is gonna pile up stats in a lost cause because his team has nothing else. Another Barry Sanders.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    webmost:
    ENFIDL:
    No. It's when his team can only win with him.

... and what are the Vikes now, 7 and 6? Adrian is gonna pile up stats in a lost cause because his team has nothing else. Another Barry Sanders.

It's the NFL man, if you've only got one weapon the opposing team will be sure to shut it down! I guess I can forgive you since you don't get to see AP play on a regular basis. The guy accelerates like no one I've ever seen before and it looks like this year he realized that he can't blast every defensive player off the planet and expect to stay healthy.

http://youtu.be/D6qCoEFVsW8

Who were you comparing him to again? LOL!
  • Options
    Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    Oh and by the way, anybody that has watched his career can see that he's not fully recovered yet from knee surgery. I hope he gets to 2,000.
  • Options
    He's kickin butt no doubt.

• Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tom Brady, Michigan Man
  • Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    Manning, Luck, AP in order
  • Options
    Looks like we'll get to see now whether RG3 ought to have had any consideration for MVP. I tell you, I can't stand to watch that replay any more. The human knee is not supposed to bend that direction. Ugh.

• Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Manning, all he wants to do is win, there is nothing else to him........
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    firetruckguy:
    Manning, all he wants to do is win, there is nothing else to him........
    I said AP earlier but Im quickly warming up to Peyton
  • Options
    TeegeTeege Posts: 660
    Its gonna be Manning or Brady and I have to go with Manning coming back after a year off and playing like this.
  • Options
    NOOOOO !!! It can't be Manning . He has had a whole year off to rest , lay around the house , play video games , shoot Buick commercials , grill steaks and be a damn slacker !!! All because he got a really bad hickey on his neck , what a wuss !!!

Of course I'm only kidding . What he has done has been outstanding and I do think he has a very very good chance .
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    I think if AD breaks the rushing record, it really helps his cause.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know he won't win but Marshaun Lynch is pretty damn impressive but, it will probably be Manning.
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    I think it all hinges on AP's chase of Dickerson. If he breaks it he wins if not it'll be close but I think Manning takes it
  • Options
    Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    MVP-AP
    Comeback Player-P.Manning
    RoY-RG3
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    pross:
    webmost:

I could not disagree more. Brady finds a way to consistently win with the motley cast of characters pulled off the discard pile (and sometimes seemingly picked up at the penitentiary gates).

Belichick is great at identifying untapped potential, but I have yet to see him throw a ball. Brady is one of the smartest players ever to step on the field, period.
    I can refute you with only two words: Matt Castle.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    pross:
    webmost:

I can refute you with only two words: Matt Castle.
    How was is first 16 game season with the Pats?