Options

New Humidor

2»

Comments

• Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Lasabar:
    naught:
    I do have a digital on the way. I wouldn't have necessarily decided on the lid mount but... since the humi came that way... and its a pretty attractive looking analog hygro...

If I was to use any type of glue I'd let it stay out to dry at least a couple days but.... being the most paranoid person on earth, I'm really not sure what to do. More than anything, I just don't want to see that empty hole every time I open it.
    IF you don't want to see an empty hole there every time you open it, may I suggest using 3M double-sided sticky tape and then proceeding to adhere in that hole a picture of Megan Fox... It may not keep you cigars humid, but boy she does make ME sweat!
    She is a sight to behold...I bet if you had her around you wouldn't care about that hole one bit
  • Options
    bibbybibby Posts: 152
    Finally got the new 100 ct Humidor from premium humidors in today! I went with the "imperfect" model to get the discount and can't seem to find the issue; which in turn is fantastic!

Anyway, I have a cheap digital hyrometer working through the "salt test" and am seasoning the humi with a tupperware dish filled just over half full of distilled water. I am just a little interested what others thoughts are regarding humidifying options.

1. Use the foam puck (doesn't seem to good).
    2. Buy heartfelt beads (good but would have to wait from them to arrive).
    3. Fairwind among others in previous conversations mentioned Cat Litter (cheaper, not as user friendly).
    4. Combine the puck (#1) with either the beads (#2), or the cat litter (#3).

What does everyone think?

Rob
  • Options
    FairwindFairwind Posts: 41
    I'm sure most will say the beads, but the non-scented regular old cat litter is working fine for me.

Dan
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I ordered 1 1/2 pounds of heartfelt beads on a friday, and they arrived at noon on the following monday. More expensive than kitty litter, but worth the price IMO. I also have a GIANT electric humidifier that Cigar.com sent me to replace one that had stopped working. Best customer service EVER!. It kicked on twice in the last 4 hours, lol...

8 cu. ft. humidor with the Humi-care XG 1000 pro, coupled with the heartfelt beads = zero humidity problems. Plus, it comes with a remote so I can adjust it without opening up the humidor. I'll try to get some pics up in a bit.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Sounds good cabinet ...
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    cabinetmaker:
    Plus, it comes with a remote so I can adjust it without opening up the humidor.

Damn, thats pretty pimp
  • Options
    bibbybibby Posts: 152
    The humidor is now seasoned or close to it... My next question is I have about 60 cigars waiting to be added to it.

Should I add them all at once or space it out 10-15 at a time? I am probably going to order some beads, I am currently letting the foam puck work and see how that goes for the short term. Thanks.

Rob
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Fairwind:
    I'm sure most will say the beads, but the non-scented regular old cat litter is working fine for me. Dan

I dont care if this works, this is just wrong.
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Here's the humidor I bought off Ebay. I love it!!!! Plus you can't beat free shipping. The guy shipped it to me in about a week. Check his ebay store out. He has tons of different types, colors, and sizes. http://cgi.ebay.com/300-ct-CIGAR-HUMIDOR-WITH-4-TRAYS-SUPER-CAPACITY_W0QQitemZ280369788340QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item41475775b4&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65:12|66:2|39:1|72:1205|293:1|294:50
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Fourtotheflush:
    Fairwind:
    I'm sure most will say the beads, but the non-scented regular old cat litter is working fine for me. Dan

I dont care if this works, this is just wrong.
    I always thought my Wine-Fridge-a-dor was a puhssy magnet... but this is not what I had in mind!!!
  • Options
    nsezellnsezell Posts: 294
    clearlysuspect:
    Here's the humidor I bought off Ebay. I love it!!!! Plus you can't beat free shipping. The guy shipped it to me in about a week. Check his ebay store out. He has tons of different types, colors, and sizes. http://cgi.ebay.com/300-ct-CIGAR-HUMIDOR-WITH-4-TRAYS-SUPER-CAPACITY_W0QQitemZ280369788340QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item41475775b4&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65:12|66:2|39:1|72:1205|293:1|294:50
    I looked at that one, but I ended up going with http://www.cigarhumidors-online.com/cigar-humidors/enlarged/chalonsenlarge.html instead. I just really like the concept of the drawers in this type, plus I think that the latching door outside of the drawers will seal well.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Take some pics and post them to the humi picture post!
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    clearlysuspect:
    I hope that works for you, but the first humidor I bought was from them and it was terrible. It did not seal anywhere, and the glass on top was loose. I could see the nails they used to put the ceder in place and also the glue that was used had stained the wood and dripped all over the place.
    I do hope that yours works well, but that in my experience that company sells great boxes that look like humidors, not actual humidors.
    Just check and make sure you actually have a tight seal. Do the dollar bill test and the dropping of the lid test. Otherwise send it back. The only good thing about this company is they did give me a full refund.