Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Lost a Uncle

I attended the military funeral of one of my uncles today . Can there be a more heartfelt "going away" presentation than a military funeral - such a beautiful thing . May God embrace your warrior heart for all you gave and suffer no more my friend - we love and will miss you Uncle Bobby ...

Comments

• Options
    prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    Sorry for your loss. Military funerals are a touching send off for sure.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Thank you pross . They are indeed very touching .
  • Options
    Medic45Medic45 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭
    Sry for your loss bro!! I have only been to 1 military funeral and it was very emotional!!! May God be with you all in the time of heartache !!
  • Options
    Thanks medic ! Appreciate it !
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very, very sorry for your loss, my friend. I, too, understand the loss of a warrior relative. My best to you and your family in this sad time.

• Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Sorry to hear this Gene. Will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Sorry for your loss. May he rest in peace.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for your loss. The military funeral is really touching pageantry, isn't it? I spoke at the Chapel at Arlington for my Dad's funeral, I think following the horse-drawn casket was the longest walk of my life. It does provide a sense of closure, though. Same with local funerals, when they fire those rifles. Whew! Makes one shiver and tear up.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Thanks guys , I really appreciate the condolences .
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for your loss brother. One of the greatest sounds I have ever heard in my lift was the 21 gun salute at my fathers funeral back in 2004....something you never forget!
  • Options
    TeegeTeege Posts: 660
    So Sorry! Will keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers