Home Ratings & Reviews

JDN DC Corona is one bad Mo Fo

Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
So after recieving my earley Christmas gift from Mr. Tuccelli I figured I would fire one up last night since I have been wanting a full bodied blend and my humi was lacking. Well this little corona did not disapoint. This nicely rolled corona brought me to my knees and kept me there throughtout the burn. I have enjoyed a couple DC before but they did not compare to this vitola. The dark wrapper was smooth wiithout any visible veins, it was a very solid cigar without any soft spots. I clipped the end and found the cold draw to be very giving and I proceded to fire her up. The minute I got this thing to cherry a dark cloud of smoke formed that made my eyes water and on my first retrohale I knew I was in for it. I was greeted with a blast of spice followed by dark wood and a ton of leathery goodness. The power on this stick made my head swim and my gut a little shaky earley on but I loved every minute. I was looking for a powerful smoke and I got what I asked for. The retrohale remained sharp throughtout the entire smoke and the burn line was pretty sharp. Only a couple of touch ups were needed. The initial ash was solid and held on for what seemed like forever. The flavor profile did not change a whole lot as the burn continued it was basically power, leather, and spice. I smoked this thing down to the nub and was def feeling this smoke at this point but I really enjoyed it. If your looking for a kick in the teeth look no further the Corona in this line def has some rocks so if your like me and love and eye watering nose tingling expereince this is your stick. If the following does not appeal to you or even scares you I would suggest burrying them for at least a year and coming back to it.

Comments

• Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    Agreed. Whenever I need my ass kicked, this is the cigar I grab.
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    I haven't smoked mine yet for this reason. Have a box going on 2 years old of peligroso size. Planning on 4 to 5 years to smooth them before I enjoy.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    blurr:
    I haven't smoked mine yet for this reason. Have a box going on 2 years old of peligroso size. Planning on 4 to 5 years to smooth them before I enjoy.
    Oh the flavor is plenty smooth.
    The nicotine however is enough to kill a small horse.

• bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    blurr:

Yeah, Stephen is correct. These and Oliva Vs are the two smokes that sometimes turn me a little green.
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    bigharpoon:
    stephen_hannibal:
    blurr:

Yeah, Stephen is correct. These and Oliva Vs are the two smokes that sometimes turn me a little green.

I guess strengthwise I was hoping 5 years would lose some of the nic kick oomph. Its wintertime so I really will have to choose one of these coronas one of these smoking days soon. Just for a reference point at least.
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    I will admit not every dc corona is created equal. Not sure if they lost their kick after the first one or I got used to them but the first one has the Mose zing. The last couple were still very good but did not have the power of the first one.