Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Trident & Greg2648 almost made my eyes leak

jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
As you all know I posted up my remaining Viaje hold backs for sale due to work taking a dive. I was really stressed about paying bills and giving my kids Christmas. Especially with a new baby due Christmas Day. My kids have always come first and it has been a crazy year for my family. I was awarded custody of my two oldest boys earlier this year and we have been non stop ever since with school, sports, and activities. I love every minute of it. I haven't been very active here this year just because I am so busy with my family.

So Roman aka -Trident, contacted me to buy a Viaje fiver. He wanted to send a check and I said sure no problem. Yesterday I got a Christmas card with a check in it for the cigars. But I also found something extra inside. Roman got with Greg aka - Greg2648 and decided to send some extra Christmas gifts. I was totally surprised by their act of kindness and stood in my kitchen totally speechless. My wife was wondering what was going on and I just didn't know what to say.

I could never find enough words show how much I appreciate what you two did. Thank you! I have been here a few years now and it is always amazing to see how giving everyone is. So many good guys here and too many to list. All of you guys have stepped up 3 times to help me send cigars to our troops. When a brother hits hard times I have seen and was glad to participate in making sure they had cigars to get them through the tough times. With 4 kids at home and now soon to be 5 I haven't been in a position to participate as much as I like. I love reading and seeing what you all are doing. I might not post a lot but I visit everyday. You are all just amazing.

I think my New Years Resolution is going to be to try to pay it forward a little more. Being on the receiving end is amazing but being able to give is even better.

Thank you again Roman and Greg. Merry Christmas to all of you. Your act of kindness helped lift a burden from me yesterday. image

Comments

• catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Those guys rule....
  • greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    Oh stoppit, you are going to make my eyes leak....lol. We love you, man......
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Outstanding gentlemen. I wouldn't call it unbelievable because I totally believe it. This place is pretty amazing.
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Very generous fellas and Happy Holidays Jake!!!
  • bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    You guys are awesome!
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Awesome awesome awesome job fellas! Very proud to be a part of this forum and thank each and everyone of you for making this place what it is!
  • RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    There's a lot of love in this thread :). Those two can be a dangerous pair. Thank goodness they use their powers for Good and not bad ways, lol. Jake, Merry Christmas brother...
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice guys!! This place is one of those impossible to discribe kind of places!! Everyone on here is so kind,caring and generous!! It's almost as if everyone here is family and for some even better then family!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Very nice guys!! This place is one of those impossible to discribe kind of places!! Everyone on here is so kind,caring and generous!! It's almost as if everyone here is family and for some even better then family!!
    This is just awesome. The brotherhood on this forum is amazing.

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Sweet. 5 kids? I pull out my hair with just two!
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Very Nice!!! Merry Christmas
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    Wow another great hit. Congratulations on the new baby on the way due on Christmas huh just priceless.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    It looks like the guy who helps the troops is getting help with his troops. You are all amazing and you deserve this bro. Well done fellas.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that is some true good old christmas spirit!!!this is what brotherhood is all about.
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    Totally one of the best gifts, very up standing! :-) :-)
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't say it enough, amazing job guys
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's just awesome Jake and I hope you and your family have a great Holiday season!!
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    That's simply awesome. Couldn't have happened to a better guy. Congrats on the new addition Jake!
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    You guys are absolutely amazing. Whenever I start getting down about all the bad things in this world, all I need to do is come here to be reminded of the good in people. Awesome!
  • bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Having also been on the receiving end of such a gesture recently, i am fully aware how overwhelming their generosity is. Yet again, another example of the ineffable emotions that one feels when they realize just how special this place is, where botl's and sotl's whom have never met form an indescribable community. We are blessed to be a part of it. Jake, hope that your christmas is less challenging now.
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    great hit you two! on a well deserving BOTL! and congrats on the new bambino!
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    Way to go guys!
  • Got to love it )
  • Just another example of why I really enjoy being in these forums! Best group of people I've had the absolute pleasure of chatting with and hopefully getting to know better. Have a Happy Holidays and congrats on the upcoming addition to your family!