Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

5K posts coming up... Should I do something special?

I was thinkin about doing a Boutique Pass... No Fuente, Tatuaje, RP or AB allowed... just stuff like Crownedheads, Ezra Zion, Emilio, 262, etc... One of my goals with the website and CigarChat is to help spread the word about all the GREAT cigars that are out there... stuff like AKA and RoMa Craft... so I thought it might be fun to do a pass build around smaller brands so we could all get a taste... any thoughts?

My last pass got hijacked, but I have faith and am willing to try again...

I'd say you need to have at least 200 posts, be in good standing and all that... Lemme know what you all think...

Comments

• Options
    OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    Awesome idea! Would be hard to keep it boutiques though. Boutiques are harder to come by just by definition.
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    OchoZacho:
    Awesome idea! Would be hard to keep it boutiques though. Boutiques are harder to come by just by definition.
    great point... how about we make it your standard pass, but I will START it with a ton of Boutique stuff... that way some folks can try new things... each person can take up to 5 sticks and it's a 1 for kind of deal... I'll start it with 20-25 sticks so there is a wide variety... better?
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    robbyras:
    OchoZacho:
    great point... how about we make it your standard pass, but I will START it with a ton of Boutique stuff... that way some folks can try new things... each person can take up to 5 sticks and it's a 1 for kind of deal... I'll start it with 20-25 sticks so there is a wide variety... better?

I would be in on this in a heartbeat and love the idea Robby. If anyone needs to know a great hookup on the boutique stuff I know a great retailer and will give it via PM ..... I love CCOM and the deals I get but sometimes they don't have what I want.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    I like how this sounds.
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Love the idea Rob. It might be hard to keep it strictly boutique, but if the spirit of the pass is to keep it as full of smaller brand stuff as possible, then it should be fine. Also, if someone has zero boutique cigars in their humidor, then they don't have to sign up for this particular pass. I'm all for inclusion, really, but don't get away from your idea and what makes this pass unique. All that said, it is your pass, so feel free to make it what you will with whatever requirements you want.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    Love the idea Rob. It might be hard to keep it strictly boutique, but if the spirit of the pass is to keep it as full of smaller brand stuff as possible, then it should be fine. Also, if someone has zero boutique cigars in their humidor, then they don't have to sign up for this particular pass. I'm all for inclusion, really, but don't get away from your idea and what makes this pass unique. All that said, it is your pass, so feel free to make it what you will with whatever requirements you want.
    Yeah, I'll supply the boutique stuff... there won't any restriction on what folks put in return... If you have some lesser know stuff to share, great! But it's not required...I just ask that folks puts are equal to their takes...

I'll start a new thread when I get all the particulars down... at this point I just want to gauge some interest...
  • Options
    robbyras:
    OchoZacho:
    I don't want to hijack your idea for a pass. Just my thoughts (which aren't worth much most of the time)
  • Options
    OchoZacho:
    robbyras:
    OchoZacho:
    I don't want to hijack your idea for a pass. Just my thoughts (which aren't worth much most of the time)
    no no, you had the right idea... I don;t want to pigeon hole it... i want to give folks to try some new stuff
  • Options
    BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    Hella Yes!!!
  • Options
    BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    Hell Yes!!!
  • Options
    I would like to get in regardless.
  • Options
    OchoZacho:
    I would like to get in regardless.
    +1
  • Options
    cool... I'll set something up tomorrow...
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    I too would be interested!
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    would be interested also
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Please add me if there's room. Congrats on 5000 posts.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you should send someone a white elephant gift type deal being the holidays and all. Maybe make it a white elephant pass. Instead of cigars how about each person buys the next a strange gift. You either keep it and replace it or pass it on. Start it off with a pair of boxers.
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Love it man!
  • Options
    Rob sounds good. I am in, maybe it could be a pass with emphasis on boutique cigars
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,809 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am 100% in if its cool. I like the boutique idea too.
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats! I'm out for the pass but just wanted to congratulate you for 5K. Three French hens
  • Options
    jliu:
    Congrats! I'm out for the pass but just wanted to congratulate you for 5K. Three French hens
    no one invited you to the pass... so FACE!

love you :)
  • Options
    robbyras:
    jliu:

Dang, you just mush faced Jiunn..
  • Options
    robbyras:
    jliu:

Fiiiive golden rings
  • Options
    jliu:
    robbyras:
    jliu:

Fiiiive golden rings
    How many Maids a Milkin are we talkin about? I like a Milk Maid.... emmmmmm sluty milk maids......
  • Options
    Lets stop flirtin and start herfin. I have company shut down week of Xmas. Boyeeeee
  • Options
    jliu:
    Lets stop flirtin and start herfin. I have company shut down week of Xmas. Boyeeeee
    sounds good... I'm hit or miss since we have 3 Xmas's... I'm around this coming week and probably the 26th on
  • Options
    robbyras:
    jliu:
    sounds good... I'm hit or miss since we have 3 Xmas's... I'm around this coming week and probably the 26th on
    Iimma gonna text you dawg
  • Options
    Medic45Medic45 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭
    I'd be all over this brother just let me know!!! An Congrats on the 1k