Home General Discussion
Options

Pairing cigars with beverages

BOTL and SOTL! Lend me your ears! For I have found a beverage that goes good with almost any cigar! (My opinion) That beverage is.... Hawaiian Punch! The classic red. What be your preferences?

Comments

• Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Shiner Bock has been working well for me lately. Mild enough that it doesn't overpower the cigar and also delicious.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkippyGun:
    BOTL and SOTL! Lend me your ears! For I have found a beverage that goes good with almost any cigar! (My opinion) That beverage is.... Hawaiian Punch! The classic red. What be your preferences?
    Wo! Gaven't drunk a punch since I can remember. Gotta try that out.

Weak lemonade does a greta job, as does Angry Orchard hard ginger cider.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Davis, I love half lemonade half water with crushed ice as well. An Arnold Palmer in the summer time is excellent as well. Currently I am working on a write up for Connecticut's and coffee.
  • Options
    edelrionycedelrionyc Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    To really enjoy the flavors of a cigar I prefer plain ole water.... If i'm looking for a nice experience then i'll take on a single malt scotch like Balvenie Doublewood or Glenlivet..
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    Some of my ISOM sticks hold up really well to a Single Malt Scotch, like the Dalwhine 15 year. Otherwise it's a nice cold Molson Canadian for just about any stick.

• Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Dr Pepper pairs well with quite a few sticks.
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    think a good rum compliments most med to full bodied cigars.my favourite is a good strong cup of coffeewith milder cigars to enhance the suttle nuances.
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    poypoykingpoypoyking Posts: 55
    Have to agree, I haven't found many cigars that don't pair well with Dr Pepper.
  • Options
    Toombes:
    Dr Pepper pairs well with quite a few sticks.
    That's different! I'm liking it though. It definitely goes good with a Carlos Tora
  • Options
    Chips2481Chips2481 Posts: 52
    Monster energy drink.  These are amazingly good with a strong cigar.  I leave mine in the freezer for 30 minutes to get a bit of ice formation, goes down smooth that way.
  • Options
    Threadjack!!!
    Skippy, I just noticed that you're two hrs away from me in Northern KY!! I'm going to try organizing another herf at Jake's in Nicholasville sometime next year. You have to do your best to make it! Unless, of course, you or Zach can recommend a good cigar lounge in the Newport/Florence area.
  • Options
    Toombes:
    Threadjack!!!
    Skippy, I just noticed that you're two hrs away from me in Northern KY!! I'm going to try organizing another herf at Jake's in Nicholasville sometime next year. You have to do your best to make it! Unless, of course, you or Zach can recommend a good cigar lounge in the Newport/Florence area.
    My local B&M is pretty cool. I haven't had the chance to hang in their lounge, but I do know they have one. It's Strauss Tobacconist on Mall Rd here in Florence. Like most of them, they don't allow outside tobacco. No biggie for me. They carry almost everything I like, from the Arturo Fuente Exquisitos to the OpusX and Diamomd Crown Churchills.
  • Options
    SkippyGun:
    Toombes:
    Threadjack!!!
    My local B&M is pretty cool. I haven't had the chance to hang in their lounge, but I do know they have one. It's Strauss Tobacconist on Mall Rd here in Florence. Like most of them, they don't allow outside tobacco. No biggie for me. They carry almost everything I like, from the Arturo Fuente Exquisitos to the OpusX and Diamomd Crown Churchills.

Sweetness! Sounds like a Northern KY herf may be in order! I'll grab a couple of BoTL and contact some of the other BoTL in Southern Ohio and much fun shall be had!
  • Options
    Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    Dr.Pepper 10 if the stick is a Med-Full to Full
    Root Beer if the stick is a little milder or to combat the pepper and pronounce the sweeter taste of the cigar
    Aberlour 12 or Mac 10 Fine Oak if I have a scotch craving
  • Options
    Toombes:
    SkippyGun:
    Toombes:
    Threadjack!!!

Sweetness! Sounds like a Northern KY herf may be in order! I'll grab a couple of BoTL and contact some of the other BoTL in Southern Ohio and much fun shall be had!
    That sounds like a ton-o-fun man. I just got to make sure I have the day off for a few hours! 40-60 a week is rough, but thankful to have it.