Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Ccom Cigar of the month club

What are your feelings on the cigar of the month club? is it worth it? I am just thinking it will be a good way to try new sticks but i wanted to hear what you guys thought of it first.

Comments

• Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I spent over 2K on cigars last month, and with a 10% discount that's 200+ bucks right there. Plus, I got some really nice cigars (one was REALLY pretty, but I hated it), so for me it's most definately worth it. I just got this month's 5-pack and have never tried any of them, so I'm really looking forward smoking them and taking notes. Who knows, I might find a new favorite.

If you really know what you like and have tried most brands, then it may not be for you, especially if you only smoke a few a month.... I smoke up to 8-10 a day on the weekends and a bit less during the week, so I order lots of stogies...
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    I just cancelled my subscription a few days ago...had it for just about a year. I loved it, the 10 percent off was great, and more importantly it helped in my main goal - trying a bunch of different stuff to find out what I like (and you learn about similarities, dissimilarities among cigars, etc.).

The only reason I cancelled is because I wanted to start having a little more control over what I order...I've tried a bunch of new stuff like I wanted, but there's much more I still have to sample and now that I know some of the factors I like in a cigar, I have a good idea of what aspects of a cigar I'm looking for.
  • Options
    plaidbanana1plaidbanana1 Posts: 187
    I love it. I get a least one or two smokes in every package that i havent tried before. As long as ive been getting it, the cigars have been a good deal for the price.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    My wife signed me up as a Father's Day gift. I have mixed feelings about it, but as I haven't actually received anything yet I will wait a while before I form an opinion. I like the idea of trying lots of new smokes, but I worry I am going to end up with a bunch of cigars I don't want over the course of the next year.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Russ55:
    My wife signed me up as a Father's Day gift. I have mixed feelings about it, but as I haven't actually received anything yet I will wait a while before I form an opinion. I like the idea of trying lots of new smokes, but I worry I am going to end up with a bunch of cigars I don't want over the course of the next year.
    Over the last year there's maybe been a handful I wasn't that excited about...other than that, usually a very, very good selection.
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    I thinking of joining as well, have been for sometime-----Anyone able to put out a sample or a list of what you have recvd over any couple of months?
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    This month is a selection of Torano Family Sticks, last month was Oliva, Month before that CAO. There was a Padilla selection and and Ashton Selection as well in the months before. Each shipment has a feature cigar, two recommended smokes and two suggestions for everyday smokes. I've been pleased
  • Options
    Damn, sounds like I signed up too late. Edit: I received my first months cigars today. For those who were interested they were: Sol Cubano Artisan/ Gurkha Titan2/ Gurkha Centurion/ Graycliff 1666/ Padilla '32. With the exception of the centurion they are all cigar's I probably never would have bought, but am excited about trying anyway. The Artisan is an amazing looking stick btw.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Russ55:
    Damn, sounds like I signed up too late. Edit: I received my first months cigars today. For those who were interested they were: Sol Cubano Artisan/ Gurkha Titan2/ Gurkha Centurion/ Graycliff 1666/ Padilla '32. With the exception of the centurion they are all cigar's I probably never would have bought, but am excited about trying anyway. The Artisan is an amazing looking stick btw.
    The first month must have changed. It used to be all Gurkha. But those are some good and expensive cigars that you got!
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I'm thinking about doing this when i go to the ship and just have them sent out there. If i get the double order it'll keep me semi-supplied with fresh smokes and it's a no brainer-no order system
  • Options
    I liked every one except the artisan.
  • Options
    cabinetmaker:
    It's funny when I read that you bought a real pretty one you hated I instantly thought "Artisan" I thought me dropping $450 over the course of a couple weeks was bad but you crushed me. That one post could be the saving grace of a lot of husbands, they all owe you. Now to the subject. Yes it seems like an awesome deal and once I'm back home I'll be signing up for sure.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Russ55:
    nice they put the Sig 32 in there...nice addition to the old premium line up.
  • Options
    cabinetmaker:
    I finished up one of the artisans today, and I agree. Great looking cigar, but that's about all it has going for it. Now I need to decide what to do with the other one.
  • Options
    Russ55:
    cabinetmaker:
    I finished up one of the artisans today, and I agree. Great looking cigar, but that's about all it has going for it. Now I need to decide what to do with the other one.
    Put it in an old tube, cap it really good, and sit it in the Humi on top. Everyone has that one "friend" that always comes over to mooch a cigar. Tell him/her "OK, I have one I've been saving for you. It's a really expensive one and I can't really afford to give it away, but I've decided you can have it. But don't ask for another one for a while if I give this one to you."

2 birds, one stone...or stogie...:-)

Voila~~ Problem(s) solved!
  • Options
    4bob44bob4 Posts: 212
    If you do the double your fun option or whatever it's called do you get two of each of the five or ten different cigars?
  • Options
    plaidbanana1plaidbanana1 Posts: 187
    2 of each