Home General Discussion
Options

A Request to Our Customers

Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
Guys,

This is the first time I have put an open request on our forum, but this is something that means a lot to me so I want to enlist your help. This weekend, for Independence Day Weekend Blitz, we are doing something special. We are offering up our usual crazy deal (I think this weekend is $144 Value for $49.95) but Cigar.com will be donating $10 for every sampler sold to the Second Ranger Battalion Assistance Foundation (www.assistrangers.org). Many of my friends fought in with the 2nd Ranger Battalion in the middle east so this foundation holds personal significance (my best friend growing up served as a Captain). As such, I really want to make this weekends deal a huge hit and make a big impact. If you could post the deal on any other fourms you associate with and if you have been waiting for a deal to support, buy one yourselves it would mean a great deal to me and all of us over at Cigar.com Our men and women fighting over seas for the freedoms we so much enjoy are so important, giving back this weekend is the only thing that has been on my brain the last few days. Anyway, your support is always appreciated. This is the first time we are doing something like this.

Comments

• Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    Guys,

This is the first time I have put an open request on our forum, but this is something that means a lot to me so I want to enlist your help. This weekend, for Independence Day Weekend Blitz, we are doing something special. We are offering up our usual crazy deal (I think this weekend is $144 Value for $49.95) but Cigar.com will be donating $10 for every sampler sold to the Second Ranger Battalion Assistance Foundation (www.assistrangers.org). Many of my friends fought in with the 2nd Ranger Battalion in the middle east so this foundation holds personal significance (my best friend growing up served as a Captain). As such, I really want to make this weekends deal a huge hit and make a big impact. If you could post the deal on any other fourms you associate with and if you have been waiting for a deal to support, buy one yourselves it would mean a great deal to me and all of us over at Cigar.com Our men and women fighting over seas for the freedoms we so much enjoy are so important, giving back this weekend is the only thing that has been on my brain the last few days. Anyway, your support is always appreciated. This is the first time we are doing something like this.

Done and DONE!
  • Options
    plaidbanana1plaidbanana1 Posts: 187
    Sounds good to me. Help the troops and get cigars? Not a bad deal.
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    I think many will be happy to support the site, and your cause. I'm going to see if I can get everyone working on our cigar blog to buy one, and do panel reviews of whatever it is that's included. Another big ups to ccom for doing something awesome like this.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Done!
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Sounds good, will do! When does the deal go live?
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Where is the deal? I can't seem to find it on the site...
  • Options
    jeff_connorsjeff_connors Posts: 483
    i think its coming out on Thursday 9am easternish
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Any word on what the deal is gonna be yet??? I'm impatient!

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    jeff_connorsjeff_connors Posts: 483
    Krieg:
    Any word on what the deal is gonna be yet??? I'm impatient!
    its a weekend blitz deal, they come out on Thursday morning..
  • Options
    Deal will go live tgursday. 12 cigars, 3 each of Gurkha centurian, rocky patel decade, man o war ruination and oliva Connecticut reserve (white label). $144 value. 49.95 price and $10 for each one donated.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Alex Svenson:
    Deal will go live tgursday. 12 cigars, 3 each of Gurkha centurian, rocky patel decade, man o war ruination and oliva Connecticut reserve (white label). $144 value. 49.95 price and $10 for each one donated.
    nice deal...I'm impressed
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I'll take 2 or 3 of those.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Sounds good to me ...
  • Options
    bibbybibby Posts: 152
    Absolutely fantastic; great deal and GREAT cause, thanks Alex and ccom. Customer for LIFE! ~ Rob
  • Options
    SmokeRingSmokeRing Posts: 61
    Sounds good, I think I'll get in on that!
  • Options
    adamkhaliladamkhalil Posts: 80
    You oughta see if you can speed up the link so we can buy and *hopefully* smoke by Saturday :-p I'm down for that deal though! Man oh man
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    That's a generous deal. I'll be putting in my order and telling everyone I can think of. Thanks Ccom!
  • Options
    Alex Svenson:
    That sounds great, I will be getting at least one.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I just passed this along to some friends on Facebook.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Ordered mine plus I got a custom sampler and a few RP Summer 08. Can't wait! Some friends say they are going to call in soon. I hope they do.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    I picked this one up.
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    I hope there are enough left for me to order one tomorrow!
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    Ordered mine plus I got a custom sampler and a few RP Summer 08. Can't wait! Some friends say they are going to call in soon. I hope they do.
    Where did you find it? Is it on the site or do you have to call in for it?
  • Options
    rmccloudrmccloud Posts: 160 ✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    rwheelwright:
    Where did you find it? Is it on the site or do you have to call in for it?

It is on the home page, right under the changing picture. It is title Weekend Blitz or something like that.
  • Options
    We truly have the best customers on the planet.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    We truly have the best customers on the planet.
    It certainly helps that you guys are throwing insane deals at us constantly. I like your cause Alex, and even though I'm maxed out on space, I bought one of the specials simply because it is going to a good cause. Keep up the good work.
  • Options
    adamkhaliladamkhalil Posts: 80
    Bought mine! PSYCHED!
  • Options
    brsmith21brsmith21 Posts: 207
    I went to order and the price for me said $129.60. Is it possible that as a cotm member it's giving me 10% off the list, instead of just the blitz price? Shows the $129.60 in the cart, too. Any ideas, other than waiting until ordering hours and calling?
  • Options
    bibbybibby Posts: 152
    betasynn:
    I hope there are enough left for me to order one tomorrow!
    Still in stock; just ordered mine at 8:15 PM Pacific time and was good to go supposed to ship out tommorow. I am pumped really want to give the MOW Rumination a go. Thanks Alex, great deal and great cause. ~ Rob
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    brsmith21:
    I went to order and the price for me said $129.60. Is it possible that as a cotm member it's giving me 10% off the list, instead of just the blitz price? Shows the $129.60 in the cart, too. Any ideas, other than waiting until ordering hours and calling?
    running into the same problem here...I'll wait to email tim tomorrow.