Home General Discussion
Options

Please Take A Moment...

RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
To raise your glass, tip your hat etc etc, to our brave men and women serving around the world. Thank you all for your service!I've spent a Christmas in Iraq, I've spent a Christmas in Afghanistan, and I do believe that I'll spend one more overseas. This is the first Christmas I've spent with my wife and kids, and so it holds a special place in my heart. I know a lot of my forums BOTLs and SOTLs have done the same.What I really mean to say is...we miss you, we love you, and we can't wait for you to come home!

Comments

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amen. And bless you and your family for your service, and theirs.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    ccezarccezar Posts: 97
    I'll toast to that! I have a brother in law that is in the Navy and has just spent his first Christmas home in the last 5 years.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    To raise your glass, tip your hat etc etc, to our brave men and women serving around the world. Thank you all for your service!I've spent a Christmas in Iraq, I've spent a Christmas in Afghanistan, and I do believe that I'll spend one more overseas. This is the first Christmas I've spent with my wife and kids, and so it holds a special place in my heart. I know a lot of my forums BOTLs and SOTLs have done the same.What I really mean to say is...we miss you, we love you, and we can't wait for you to come home!
    glad your home with your family brother. And I pray all our men and women serving their country today are out of harms way.
  • Options
    T.J. ArmstrongT.J. Armstrong Posts: 256
    Rain:

+1! I am glad to hear that you get to spend this holiday with your family and am forever thankful for all of the sacrifices that you and all of our military members (and their families) make to keep us safe and free everyday. Thank you!
  • Options
    Being over here with the service memebrs we are all thankful for thoughts prayers and cigars!