Home General Discussion
Options

What Did You Smoke for Christmas

webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hearth roaring, a Wonderful Life on the toob, kicking back after returning home in the snow, pup on the lap, rum in hand, cookies on the tray... had to go fetch a smoke to complete the picture. Unwrapped an Undercrown, slid it back. Unwrapped an MOW and slid it back. Handled a Nording and another RP, I forget what.Considered a My Father, a La Aurora Pref... No enthusiasm. Looked at a 5V Gold, at a Torano Master, and five or six others which I had also never tried. Said screw this, it's Christmas, let's get comfortable, so grabbed an AJ Fresh Rolled because I knew damned well I could rely on enjoying it.

Great smoke. No worries.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Comments

• Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I was extremely religious yesterday. I smoked a JESUS Fuego 777. I felt Holy.
  • Options
    allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    5 Vegas Miami Petite Corona. It was too damn cold for anything larger...
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    San Miguel in the afternoon, Padilla Habano Churchill last night.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    R.C.R.C. Posts: 16
    where did u get the AJ fresh rolled?
    i smoked a my father,and a MF la bijou.
  • Options
    lonewolf2011lonewolf2011 Posts: 503
    Armada Corona in the morning with coffee, Bait Fish in the afternoon and finished last night with a Padron 1926 80th Anniversary paired with a 21 year old single malt.
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Camacho Liberty 2010
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Pinar Del Rio Seleccion ’10. Could not keep the dang thing lit.
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Started the day with an Opus X corona at a brisk 34 degrees with an 8mph cross wind, had a MOW Little Devil on the way to my parent's house in the evening, a Roxor while I was there and finished the night with a 5V High Primings double corona on the drive home. All good, my friends.
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    LP #9
  • Options
    Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    Christmas Eve afternoon - Perdomo Edicion de Silvio

Christmas Eve - Opus X Tauros The Bull

• Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    Bundled up in multiple layers and sunglasses (cause the snow was too bright) and enjoyed a 2008 Cohiba Esplendidos. Almost froze my hands, but I wasn't going to lay that one down until it warmed my fingers back up!

• Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Once the festivities were complete I relaxed with a Room 101 OSOK (from Vision) and a nice Merlot. Later I went for a well rested Jaime Garcia (from RampMonkey) and another Merlot. Great cigars from a couple great BOTL.
  • Options
    R.C.:
    where did u get the AJ fresh rolled? i smoked a my father,and a MF la bijou.
    Why from cigar.com of course. Best deal on the innernet hands down.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Was going to dig into a cigar but I'm just getting this cough/throat scratch to go away and I didn't want to waste a cigar while I'm trying to get rid of it. I hate being sick. Good news is that I may be able to spark some up this weekend for new years. I have opus heart of the bull 1957 I've been saving, might smoke that but I also might save that for when I move into my new house in the next couple of weeks. But I do have a back up, was thinking about an opus BBMF maduro. Either way one of my prized opus's will be smoked this weekend.
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    tried smoking a cao brazil as my first for the day @11 am.unfotunately i to am in the middle of a lovely head cold,so i couldnt taste a thing so i gave it up about halfway.prob wont smoke anything for a couple days..
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed a minni mum and a little drac. I received a box of little monsters for x-mas. It was a very cold night around ten. My diet coke froze in the can lol. I had a good time though watching the dark knight rises.
  • Options
    OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    No cigar, but had a glass of Pappy Van Winkle 20 yr. Incredible bourbon!
  • Options
    Padron 1964 Anniversary
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    mr.wendell1979:
    Padron 1964 Anniversary
    Mmmmm.
  • Options
    bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    I sacrificed a viaje honey n hand grenade along with a tat apocalypse. Both were perty goooood
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not so much. I set fire to a Fuente Hemingway Signature that tasted pretty damned good, though.

• Options
    bigfnsteve:
    I sacrificed a viaje honey n hand grenade along with a tat apocalypse. Both were perty goooood
    How would you rate the apocalypse compared to an anarchy???
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    I ended up Smoking a Cohiba Puro Dominica which I love ....... Apparently my wife likes them too as she smoked a good amount of it and I enjoyed a bit of the MOW ruination that she was smoking.
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Headley Grange...yum.
  • Options
    kingjk729:
    I ended up Smoking a Cohiba Puro Dominica which I love ....... Apparently my wife likes them too as she smoked a good amount of it and I enjoyed a bit of the MOW ruination that she was smoking.
    Ew gross ... That means you two swapped spit. Ew.

• Options
    bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    jasonusa1:
    bigfnsteve:
    How would you rate the apocalypse compared to an anarchy???
    Less spice. The apocalypse really smooths out within the first third. Definitely an enjoyable smoke.
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    webmost:
    kingjk729:
    Ew gross ... That means you two swapped spit. Ew.

Well son ..... I only share with your'e mom and now you know where babies come from. LOL
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Anejo with a year on it.
  • Options
    Rain:
    mr.wendell1979:
    Padron 1964 Anniversary
    Mmmmm.

So far one of my favorite sticks! Between that and the Anejo I had today... both great!
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    I didn't have anything on Christmas day, but along my 2000+ mile journey I smoked quite a few: Cabaiguan between Albuquerque and Amarillo, CAO Gold Maduro in eastern Oklahoma, a Griffins while fishing with my dad, an Undercrown corona after fishing with a big cup of coffee, a MOW Virtue while playing golf with my dad ( he had a ramon bueso that I gave him), a 5 Vegass AAA Lancero from Tulsa to somewhere west of OKC, an Ashton Heritage from OK/TX line to Amarillo. I think that's it... Also, I bombed my dad in person heheehehe.